Re: nls advanced player and recharge
Hi,toggle quoted message. . .
If you go into the service menu of the player, you can force it to recharge the battery. I had to do this with mine recently, as sometimes the player gets confused between what the software is doing and the actual hardware state of the battery.
To access the service menu, do the following:
1. Make sure that you do not have a cartridge or flash drive in the player and that the player is powered off and plugged into the wall outlet.
2. Press and hold down the sleep, rewind and tone down keys while turning on the player. It should come up saying the usual power on message followed by, "player Status."
3. Press either the back or next buttons until you hear the word "battery" announced by the player. Press the play button to select this option.
4. In this submenu, you need to find the "Initiate battery Recharge" option. Once you do, press play to activate this setting.
5. You can now turn off the player and reboot it as normal and use it just as you usually do. Also, having the machine read you its status may not be a bad thing, either. Just navigate to the "return to previous menu" option and then find "player status" and then press play on "read" in that submenu.
As an interesting note with mine, Cartridge, assistive tech, and power all report an error. System reports ok, though. Gonna let this thing recharge and check it in a while to see what it says, then.
Hope this helps,
"No man can be fully known, in soul and spirit and mind, until he hath been seen versed in rule and law giving."
Antigone by Sophocles
On Aug 12, 2018, at 16:32, Pamela Dominguez <geodom@...> wrote: