Newswire: A Journey through History meets 9/4/18 at 9pm Eastern to discuss Darkest hour: how Churchill brought England back from the brink DB90313

NEWSWIRE: Journey through History will meet on the first Tuesday, September 4, 2018, to discuss”Darkest hour: how Churchill brought England back from the brink”.

First: our thanks to Mike Omaro and Alan Lemly who assisted David Faucheux in my and John Bealieu’s absence. Next month we return to the mid-20th century in the beginning days of World War II.

NLS ANNOTATION

Darkest hour: how Churchill brought England back from the brink

DB90313

McCarten, Anthony. Reading time: 7 hours, 39 minutes.
Read by Bill Burton.

Biography
World History and Affairs

The author examines the period following Winston Churchill's ascendancy to the office of Prime Minister in the midst of World War II. Discusses the many challenges he faced, the work he performed, and the legacy he left. 2017.
Download Darkest hour: how Churchill brought England back from the

Accessible World site, www.accessibleworld.org

Date: TuesdaySeptember 4, 2018.

Time: 6:00 PM Pacific, 7:00 PM Mountain, 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM

Eastern, and elsewhere in the world Wednesday 01:00 GMT.

About 15 minutes before start time, go to:

www.accessibleworld.org and click on the History Room.Enter your first and last names on the sign-in screen.

If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online

conferencing software, there is a small, safe software program that

you need to download and then run. A link to the software is available

on every entry screen to the Accessible World rooms.

After you have downloaded the simple software, enter the room. Hold

down the control key to talk and let up to listen.

All of our programs are recorded and archived.

You may wish to subscribe to our Accessible World Announce list. Write

to: aw-announcements-subscribe@groups.io.

Accessible World Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair

Accessible World