Re: dtbm turning on spontaneously

Miriam Vieni

It is a very bizarre story. I had one from the talking book library that was located in Suffolk County. That library was discontinued and all of us on Long Island were transferred back to the one in Manhattan. Then, instead of saying, “more than 25 hours” which, if I remember correctly, it is supposed to say, when I was using it a lot on battery during Hurricane Sandy in 2012, the maximum battery level dropped to, “greater than 15 hours”. I requested a new machine from the library in Manhattan, and I held onto the machine from Suffolk until the new machine arrived. Then I realized that the Manhattan library had no record of my having a machine and the Suffolk library didn’t exist so I decided to continue using the older machine until something else happened to it. I plugged the new one in and the old one has, up to this point, continued to work nicely. And now that they’re not making  advanced machines anymore, I’m glad I did that.

Miriam

From: bardtalk@groups.io <bardtalk@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 3:41 PM
To: bardtalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [bardtalk] dtbm turning on spontaneously

How did you manage to get two DTBM’s?

Gerald

Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 3:34 PM

But it isn’t the current. I have a thing plugged into the outlet into which a lot of things plug in and none of them stopped working and started again. I actually have another dtbm plugged in there and it isn’t doing that.

Miriam

From: bardtalk@groups.io <bardtalk@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 3:01 PM
To: bardtalk@groups.io

This has happened to me on occasion with different DTBMs- I think the issue is with the current in the wall outlet and not the DTBM itself but it’s just a guess.

-Paul.

On Jul 9, 2018, at 1:59 PM, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@...> wrote:

This has happened two mornings in a row. I plug in the machine so it can
charge. It turns on as usual, and I turn it off. Then a few minutes later,
it turns itself on again spontaneously. I can't understand why this is
happening. It is not due to a discontinuation and return of electricity
which would explain it. I know this because we have a generator and
everything else plugged into that particular outlet is on. Has anyone else
had a similar experience?

Miriam 

--
-Paul.

Join bardtalk@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.