From: bardtalk@groups.io <bardtalk@groups.io> On Behalf Of john s
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:23 PM
To: bardtalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [bardtalk] Victor Stream List

Roger, I don't believe the battery is a part of the cover but 2 separate
pieces.

At 02:46 PM 6/13/2018, Roger Loran Bailey via Groups.Io, wrote:
As I said before, I contacted Humanware and they told me that they have
not sold the battery for the first generation Stream since 2016. That
means that both the first generation Stream and its battery are
obsolete. As for the suggestion to try Batteries Plus, I doubt that
they could help. The battery for the Stream is very specialized. Its
shape is unlike a battery for any other device and it is a part of the
covering for the battery compartment. It is not an off-the-shelf battery.

On 6/13/2018 8:42 AM, lynn white wrote:
I would highly suggest contacting
Humanware. They sell batteries for the Stream family.

On 6/13/2018 4:04 AM, john s wrote:
For you people who have dead batteries for your first generation
Streams, would a place such as Batteries Plus help you?

At 11:19 PM 6/12/2018, Rosemarie Grayley, wrote:
Oh, my. I'm also running into trouble with my lovely first
generation stream. It holds a charge for a couple of days only now.

Roger's post and his checking on the possibility of obtaining a
battery helped a lot. I was about to write to the list to ask where
I could purchase one.

The post about the second gen stream not being as reliable as the
first gen stream is a little worrying. However, that's probably how
I'll be going.

I'm not that keen to acquire a lot of devices and my simple cell,
just a phone, serves me well. My computer takes in books and my
filing system works fine and my back up system works fine too. no
need to have a lot of duplication on this.

I've been following the thread concerning the Victor Stream list and
hope that gets resolved soon. I'm interested in podcasts, radio, TV,
movie tracks, and a few other things and hope that the second gen
stream can easily do all that. I'm hoping to join the list before
actually purchasing the device.

These free flowing threads answer a lot of questions and also bringÂ
questions to mind that need consideration.

Thanks all,

Rosemarie