Re: Victor Stream List

john s

Roger, I don't believe the battery is a part of the cover but 2 separate pieces.

At 02:46 PM 6/13/2018, Roger Loran Bailey via Groups.Io, wrote:
As I said before, I contacted Humanware and they told me that they have not sold the battery for the first generation Stream since 2016. That means that both the first generation Stream and its battery are obsolete. As for the suggestion to try Batteries Plus, I doubt that they could help. The battery for the Stream is very specialized. Its shape is unlike a battery for any other device and it is a part of the covering for the battery compartment. It is not an off-the-shelf battery.

On 6/13/2018 8:42 AM, lynn white wrote:
I would highly suggest contacting Humanware. They sell batteries for the Stream family.

On 6/13/2018 4:04 AM, john s wrote:
For you people who have dead batteries for your first generation Streams, would a place such as Batteries Plus help you?

At 11:19 PM 6/12/2018, Rosemarie Grayley, wrote:
Oh, my. I'm also running into trouble with my lovely first generation stream. It holds a charge for a couple of days only now.

Roger's post and his checking on the possibility of obtaining a battery helped a lot. I was about to write to the list to ask where I could purchase one.

The post about the second gen stream not being as reliable as the first gen stream is a little worrying. However, that's probably how I'll be going.

I'm not that keen to acquire a lot of devices and my simple cell, just a phone, serves me well. My computer takes in books and my filing system works fine and my back up system works fine too. no need to have a lot of duplication on this.

I've been following the thread concerning the Victor Stream list and hope that gets resolved soon. I'm interested in podcasts, radio, TV, movie tracks, and a few other things and hope that the second gen stream can easily do all that. I'm hoping to join the list before actually purchasing the device.

These free flowing threads answer a lot of questions and also bring questions to mind that need consideration.

Thanks all,

Rosemarie