Re: Victor Stream List

Pamela Dominguez

I must have missed something. Who said it was trendy? I have never bought a Victor anything until I bought the trek, which I really bought for the GPS. But when I got it, I realized why so many people like their Victors. Before that, I just thought it was just another device like the Plextalk pocket or the booksense or the bookport desktop. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn White
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:27 AM
To: bardtalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [bardtalk] Victor Stream List

I don't know why people see buying a Victor Stream or a trek as
something trendy.

I own both and have owned the Stream for several years. For me, it is
just another tool to be used along with the computer and iPhone.

I do get where Victor is not for everyone. But for those of us who have
chosen to purchase them, it's not trendy. I even knew when I bought the
Trek that I wouldn't use the machine for travel. But its overall
performance is even better than the original Victor Stream.

On 6/12/2018 9:15 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
I agree. When it came out it seemed like everybody jumped on it like they had to have the hottest new toy. Once I learned how to download and unzip a book and all that good stuff, I never saw any reason to even contemplate messing with it. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Stephen Giggar
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:32 PM
To: bardtalk@groups.io

No I'll stay away from bard express. That is for people who know very little about computers. I'll stick with the web app that is
faster and more flexible to me and the computer is much faster with the web site at downloading books and the like. Then I can store
them however I want.

As far as phones, I'll stick to my android Galaxy S9+ and my trusty old Nokia N95-3. I don't have any reason to download book to the
phone being I have an VR 2nd Edition and an NLS player that meet my needs very well. I can quickly copy books to the SD card for the
stream using an USB 3.0 UHS-II card 32GB in a few minutes if I have that many books in my unread directory. Can't do that through
the VR stream hookup regardless of the stream you have. It only support USB 2.0 and doesn't fully take advantage of even that. Same
goes for WiFi on the stream very very slow at downloading book with it. 100MB and it takes the stream 10 minutes or so when I do it
on the computer done in 20 to 25 seconds.

Signed: Stephen Giggar