roving observer submissions in the ADES beta version of Astrometrica

Bernd Lütkenhöner

Hello,

I am presently using Astrometrica Version 4.12.0.448 (released July 2018). This ADES beta version works fine, except that occasionally I miss 'roving observer' support. Is there a new version available meanwhile?

Kind regards

Bernd

Herbert Raab

This ADES beta version works fine, except that occasionally I miss 'roving observer' support.
The 'roving observer' format is supported by the ADES version. You just need to use the observatory code 247, and Astrometrica will add the relevant information to the ADES file (assuming that the coordinates specified in the program settings refer to the WGS84 geodetic saystem).

 - Herbert

Bernd Lütkenhöner

Hello Herbert,

I was irritated by the fact that Find_Orb refused to accept the output created by Astrometrica. Meanwhile I got in contact with Bill Gray. He confirmed that Find_Orb had a problem with roving observer submissions provided in PSV format. The problem will be fixed soon.

Bill also informed me that, in the example I sent to him, there was a sign error in the longitude of my observing site. Checking this problem I found out that Astrometrica version 4.12.0.448 has a minor bug: While the longitude in my Astrometrica config file is 7,4656 East, the longitude in the PSV file is -7.4656, putting my observing site in the western hemisphere. This issue might be relevant also for other ‚roving observers‘ who submitted data in ADES psv format.

Best regards

Bernd