Help finding "MP Data Tester.xls"

Mike Paling

Is anybody able to help me with this?

Late last year on the ‘net I came across a really great PDF file called “Advanced NEO Search” using Astrometrica by Harlan Devor

Towards the end of this guide there is mention of a special Excel spreadsheet called “MP Data Tester” which looks to be very helpful before I send any more MPC reports.

Does anybody know if this Excel spread sheet is available for me to download at all? I have been unable to spot it anywhere so far :-(

Mike

--
MikePaling

Appledorne Observatory MPC Z11

Farnsfield, England

Email: mikepalingxyz@...

Observatory Grömme

This one?
CFHS. Killer Asteroid Project. Astrometrica: Advanced NEO Search Prepared by Harlan Devore Cape Fear High School. CFHS. KAP2008. Why Use Advanced Techniques?. o Astrometrica’s moving object detection function generally cannot find targets that are dimmer than about magnitude 18 or 18.5.
www.slideserve.com

Best Regards,

Mr. Pieter-Jan Dekelver
Oudsbergen, Belgium
pieterjan.dekelver@...
Observatory Gromme - MPC: D09

Late last year on the ‘net I came across a really great PDF file called “Advanced NEO Search” using Astrometrica by Harlan Devor

Towards the end of this guide there is mention of a special Excel spreadsheet called “MP Data Tester” which looks to be very helpful before I send any more MPC reports.

Does anybody know if this Excel spread sheet is available for me to download at all? I have been unable to spot it anywhere so far :-(

Mike

--
MikePaling

Appledorne Observatory MPC Z11

Farnsfield, England

Email: mikepalingxyz@...

Mike Paling

Hi Pieter ...
Yes this is the one ... but I was wondering if the Excel spreadsheet, that is mentioned towards the end of this presentation, is available to download so that I can "play" with it.
It just appears from nowhere in the presentation.

Regards Mike

John Sabia

Edited

Yes, I do have the Excel file your looking for

Mike Paling

Hi John ...
Many thanks for this ... very kind of you.

I have got it working and getting results. However since I sent my original message to the forum I have been getting even better results using "FindOrb" to check my data before sending any MCP reports  ( a big thankyou to Peter Birtwhistle for telling me about "FindOrb and also getting me kick started with it ! )

Mike