NYC ASD Nest Parents Group email@example.comThis group is open to parents who currently have autistic children in the ASD Nest program, located within various NYC public elementary, middle and high schools, Districts 1-32.
Note this group is for parents who currently have a child in the ASD Nest program. If you do not have a child in the ASD Nest program, please do not request membership.
The ASD NEST Program is an NYC Department of Education inclusion program for students with autism spectrum disorder in community schools. The ASD Nest Model is designed for students with ASD who are able to do grade-level academic work. The ASD Nest classroom, while utilizing the standard NYC curriculum, creates a fully inclusive therapeutic environment that uses positive behavior support, targeted instructional strategies and specialized social interventions to make inclusion work. The ASD Nest school and district provide the necessary structures and supports; these include smaller class size, co-taught classes, pre-service training and on-site support on Nest practices, regular interdisciplinary team meetings to promote consistency across all settings, and a strong home-school collaboration.
- 248 Members
- 1,362 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.