Yosemite Renaissance Show

Marek Matusz <marekmatusz@...>

Thirst of all thanks to Kees and all the previous group minders for keeping this project alive

On a second note I was attending the opening reception at the Yosemite Renaissance XXIX and was surprised and delighted to have won the grand prize and best of the show. The print in the show was gum bichromate and graphite pigment and very pictorialist like in nature. I need to thank many of you that have contributed to my growth as a gum printer over the years. In case you missed my earlier post with the picture here it is.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105732508998271877151/albums/5978474902616693249

full listing of all the pieces exhibited in the show will be published later, you can see the quality and diversity of the artwork in the show.

http://www.yosemiterenaissance.org/

Happy bday to the list

Marek Matusz

Diana Bloomfield <dlhbloomfield@...>

Wow-- a big congratulations, Marek! That's terrific. Yay for you-- and for alt processes. :) I am assuming this is the 'Chia method' we talked about some time ago, using the graphite? I've been using that method some, and it's really interesting to see the difference in how an image looks, using the graphite pigment. I much prefer it. This is a wonderful image. Again, congratulations! Did they not let you know you'd won the whole enchilada before you walked in there? What a (great) surprise. :)

Diana

On Mar 7, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Marek Matusz wrote:

Thirst of all thanks to Kees and all the previous group minders for keeping this project alive

On a second note I was attending the opening reception at the Yosemite Renaissance XXIX and was surprised and delighted to have won the grand prize and best of the show. The print in the show was gum bichromate and graphite pigment and very pictorialist like in nature. I need to thank many of you that have contributed to my growth as a gum printer over the years. In case you missed my earlier post with the picture here it is.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105732508998271877151/albums/5978474902616693249

full listing of all the pieces exhibited in the show will be published later, you can see the quality and diversity of the artwork in the show.

http://www.yosemiterenaissance.org/

Happy bday to the list

Marek Matusz

Jorj Bauer <jorj@...>

Congrats Marek!

On Mar 7, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Marek Matusz <marekmatusz@...> wrote:

Thirst of all thanks to Kees and all the previous group minders for keeping this project alive

On a second note I was attending the opening reception at the Yosemite Renaissance XXIX and was surprised and delighted to have won the grand prize and best of the show. The print in the show was gum bichromate and graphite pigment and very pictorialist like in nature. I need to thank many of you that have contributed to my growth as a gum printer over the years. In case you missed my earlier post with the picture here it is.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105732508998271877151/albums/5978474902616693249

full listing of all the pieces exhibited in the show will be published later, you can see the quality and diversity of the artwork in the show.

http://www.yosemiterenaissance.org/

Happy bday to the list

Marek Matusz

Luciano Teghillo <luciano@...>

Marek,

Congratulations!!! I'm still light years from your skills and those of
others in this list but seeing such excellence makes me want to work even
harder to get there. Now if I could only have another 8 hours in a day :-)

Cheers,
Luciano

[...]

ender100

Congratulations Marek! Beautiful print! Like the use of Graphite!

Mark Nelson
www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com
PDNPRint Forum @ Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com

sent from my iPhonetypeDeviceThingy

On Mar 7, 2014, at 10:32 AM, Marek Matusz <marekmatusz@...> wrote:

bichromate and graphite pigment and very pictorialist like in nature. I need to thank many of you that have contributed to my growth as a gum printer over the

Jean Daubas <jean.daubas@...>

Marek, the more I look at your picture, the more I love it! Wish I could see the actual “tactile” print...
Anyway, congratulations for your award, and it just encourages me to go on working these wonderful processes!
Thanks for sharing,
Alternative cheers from France,
Jean

From: dlhbloomfield@...
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 11:41:42 -0500
To: alt-photo-process-list@...
Subject: Re: [Alt-photo] Yosemite Renaissance Show

[...]

Thanks, Marek. It's such a beautiful print. I've never done a monochrome like that, but you've inspired me to try that now. I do also love Chia's method- I just made another print last night-- inspired, once again, by looking at yours here-- using graphite. Not a monochrome, but still-- just the use of the graphite itself really does somehow transform things in a way I would never have expected. I'm still enjoying having Chia's gum print of the white tulips hanging in my living room. I see it everyday and - everyday- just wowed. by it.

That's so amazing that you walked in there, totally unaware. And, I assume, this was also a mixed media exhibit(?)-- even more impressive. You may have mentioned, but I was curious how big the print is? Congratulations, again. Well-deserved! Wish I could see it in 'real life.'

Diana

On Mar 8, 2014, at 11:11 AM, Marek Matusz wrote:

Diana,

I had no clue when I went to the show who the winners were. Total surprise, jaw dropping!
As I mentioned, many on the list have influenced my printmaking. Chia was definitely one of the artists. The print is a monochrome and therefore not Chia-like in the sense of subdued color over black layer, but it definitely has elements that I incorporated into my printmaking after studying and making a number of prints inspired by Chia's method (which she freely shared with the community, thanks!). When I look at my work over the last 15 years I am surprised how much I have learned and changed in the last year or so since I saw Chia's prints and started a more pictorialist/softer approach to gum.

Marek

João Ribeiro <jr@...>

Hi folks,

It's nice to receive posts again.
Pardon my lack of information but you made me curious, where can I find Chia's work?
I am embaraced but I don't know this work.
Could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks,

Joao

Kees Brandenburg <workshops@...>

On 8 mrt. 2014, at 17:48, João Ribeiro <jr@...> wrote:

Pardon my lack of information but you made me curious, where can I find Chia's work?
http://www.pictoform.nu/hem/

-k

João Ribeiro <jr@...>

Thank you Kees.