Re: Printing digital negatives with Epson SureColor P700?

Carlos Alejandro,

I will certainly try that instead of the spray glued white paper.

I figured out that the incomplete printing of the image was likely a spooling problem. I shut my system down and restarted. It printed perfectly.

I was not having trouble getting the film to be seen… with the paper lead. Once a roll is in the printer, it seems to work fine.

Thank you all for the tips.

I hope the solution helps others who may encounter this problem.

You might think… Epson could have suggested this… knowing all the parameters I gave them.

:)

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos Alejandro Photography
w 302.234.1100
m 302.547.7799
www.caphoto.com

On Sep 2, 2021, at 2:58 PM, Dr Edward Draper, <platinumprinz@...> wrote:

My P800 uses the 17” film

To ensure the front edge is sensed every time I run a black marker pen along the front edge -1/8” line

Works well for me

Edward

Working on the go on a screen keyboard - forgive minor errors, please

The big errors you should challenge

On 2 Sep 2021, at 15:34, Carlos Alejandro, <carlos@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Epson regarding their SC P-900 printer. It does NOT have a sensor for Over Head Transparency film. The only way it works, is what I have been doing which is gluing a strip of paper to the first feed end.

I am trying to print 16” wide image on a 17” roll, it will only print 13” of the 16” image… it cuts it off.

Is anyone using a different Transparency other than Pictorico that works?

After I find a workaround for this, I will call the manufacturers to see if they know how to deal with this problem.

The printer is great… but NOT for vellum or transparency films.

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos Alejandro Photography
w 302.234.1100
m 302.547.7799
www.caphoto.com

On Jul 31, 2021, at 3:59 PM, Carlos Alejandro, <carlos@...> wrote:

Thank you, Debbie! I will try that. I am about to print a show in multiple media and am kind of dreading the “fun” of this aspect.

Carlos

[iPhone]

On Jul 31, 2021, at 3:49 PM, Debbie Warren, <dmw0529@...> wrote:

Hi Carlos, I had some similar problems with my P800, and Epson essentially said I was using an unapproved paper. My 2880 worked perfectly. Finally I spoke with someone in the wide format group and they were very helpful. They replaced my printer and I haven’t had any further issues after several years. They said to always ask to speak to someone in the pro/wide format area. Just FYI in case you haven’t tried that route yet. Good luck.

Debbie

...,poorly typed with often unintelligible word substitutions.

On Jul 31, 2021, at 3:34 PM, Carlos Alejandro, <carlos@...> wrote:

I have had so many problems with the P900 with pictórico and vellum. Epson replaced my first machine saying they’ve never had the problem. Second machine is the same. Works for a while… out of the box… then paper jam… and there is no paper jam. Doesn’t recognize material. I ended spray mounting a 2” strip to the vellum and then it worked. I never had this problem with my R2880. Epson basically blew me off.

Carlos

[iPhone]

On Jul 31, 2021, at 2:31 PM, ender100 via groups.io <Ender100@...> wrote:

No. Even if it is an issue there are fixes for it

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Curve Calculator III for the Mac is Now Available

sent from my iPhonetypeDeviceThingy

On Jul 31, 2021, at 1:12 PM, Peter Frandsen <johngray571@...> wrote:

Not sure. The info I found was vague. It sounded like the printer didn't recognize the transparency film as a medium. Have you heard
of this kind of problem with an Epson P700?

Thanks,

Peter