Re: Printing digital negatives with Epson SureColor P700?

Carlos Alejandro,

I am using Mirage. I will try that.

Thank you.

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos Alejandro Photography
w 302.234.1100
m 302.547.7799
www.caphoto.com

On Sep 2, 2021, at 11:17 AM, Roberto Aguilar <fotorat@...> wrote:

Hi Carlos,
Are you printing with PRINTOOL?  If so, try setting the print size to 16.8 inches instead of 17 inches.  I had the same thing happen on my P800

Let me know

Roberto

On Thursday, September 2, 2021, 04:08:27 PM GMT+1, Carlos Alejandro, <carlos@...> wrote:

I appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations.

I am printing on a 17” wide roll and the image is only printing 13” of the 16” that are in the file.

I flopped the image and it just printed the other side.

I glued strips of paper on both sides and on the feed end and it did the same thing.

Thanks for any tips.

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos Alejandro Photography
w 302.234.1100
m 302.547.7799
www.caphoto.com

On Sep 2, 2021, at 11:02 AM, Carlos Alejandro, <carlos@...> wrote:

Hi.
 Currently I am using Epson Archival Matte Paper because it needs matt ink not glossy to print.

And Standard 1440 8bit

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos Alejandro Photography
w 302.234.1100
m 302.547.7799
www.caphoto.com

On Sep 2, 2021, at 10:51 AM, ender100 via groups.io <Ender100@...> wrote:

Carlos,

I know three people with Epson P900’s printing on Pictorico with no problem.

What is happening on your printer?  What media setting are you using?

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Curve Calculator III for the Mac is Now Available

sent from my iPhonetypeDeviceThingy

On Sep 2, 2021, at 9:34 AM, Carlos Alejandro, <carlos@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Epson regarding their SC P-900 printer. It does NOT have a sensor for Over Head Transparency film. The only way it works, is what I have been doing which is gluing a strip of paper to the first feed end.

I am trying to print 16” wide image on a 17” roll, it will only print 13” of the 16” image… it cuts it off.

Is anyone using a different Transparency other than Pictorico that works?

After I find a workaround for this, I will call the manufacturers to see if they know how to deal with this problem.

The printer is great… but NOT for vellum or transparency films.

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos Alejandro Photography
w 302.234.1100
m 302.547.7799
www.caphoto.com

On Jul 31, 2021, at 3:59 PM, Carlos Alejandro, <carlos@...> wrote:

Thank you, Debbie! I will try that. I am about to print a show in multiple media and am kind of dreading the “fun” of this aspect.

Carlos

[iPhone]

On Jul 31, 2021, at 3:49 PM, Debbie Warren, <dmw0529@...> wrote:

Hi Carlos, I had some similar problems with my P800, and Epson essentially said I was using an unapproved paper. My 2880 worked perfectly. Finally I spoke with someone in the wide format group and they were very helpful. They replaced my printer and I haven’t had any further issues after several years. They said to always ask to speak to someone in the pro/wide format area. Just FYI in case you haven’t tried that route yet. Good luck.

Debbie

...,poorly typed with often unintelligible word substitutions.

On Jul 31, 2021, at 3:34 PM, Carlos Alejandro, <carlos@...> wrote:

I have had so many problems with the P900 with pictórico and vellum. Epson replaced my first machine saying they’ve never had the problem. Second machine is the same. Works for a while… out of the box… then paper jam… and there is no paper jam. Doesn’t recognize material. I ended spray mounting a 2” strip to the vellum and then it worked. I never had this problem with my R2880. Epson basically blew me off.

Carlos

[iPhone]

On Jul 31, 2021, at 2:31 PM, ender100 via groups.io <Ender100@...> wrote:

No. Even if it is an issue there are fixes for it

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Curve Calculator III for the Mac is Now Available

sent from my iPhonetypeDeviceThingy

On Jul 31, 2021, at 1:12 PM, Peter Frandsen <johngray571@...> wrote:

Not sure. The info I found was vague. It sounded like the printer didn't recognize the transparency film as a medium. Have you heard
of this kind of problem with an Epson P700?

Thanks,

Peter