Re: Uranotypes

Jim Patterson,

That should be Obernetter.

On May 31, 2021, at 8:52 AM, Jim Patterson, <jimbobnola@...> wrote:

Hi All,
If I remember correctly, CJ Burnett coined the term Cuprotype, and used U VI as the light sensitive agent to reduce Cu II to Cu I.  Then Onernetter used Ferric Chloride & Copper Chloride to produce Cuprotypes, and then I updated it to Ferric Ammonium Citrate to produce Cuprotypes.  I guess Burnett’s would be Uranocuprotypes, and the others Ferrocuprotypes.
Jim

On May 31, 2021, at 8:27 AM, Mike Ware <mike@...> wrote:

Yes, Bob, uranochrysotype is a printing-out process and the image is solely composed of nanoparticle gold. Not uranyl ferrocyanide as in your 'proper' Uranotype.
The sensitizer and processing were as I stated - No ferri- or ferro-cyanide anywhere.
The colour of that posted image has come out a bit subdued; also the contrast of the negative would have been too low, because it was developed for silver halide enlargement printing, so would have a density range of only ~1.2. The uranochrysotype printing process has a longer exposure scale than that. Maybe it deserves a proper calibration, but it's a lot slower than my usual (iron-based) chrysotype process.
Mike
--
Mike Ware
https://www.mikeware.co.uk