Re: Uranotypes

brittonie,

Mike,

Q2- i figured but was obvs hoping otherwise.

Q1- i've been keeping it in many many containers in a very old separate fridge- so when i say cold- i mean cold. totally unnecessary- and when shaken (or stirred) and not refrigerated is no longer an issue - i guess i was just curious if there was anything more about it- i had actually messaged Bob off-list who was really really helpful.

Cheers,

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 7:13 PM Mike Ware <mike@...> wrote:
Brittonie -

Q2
a uranyl acetate print, once made and washed, will almost certainly lose its fluorescence.

Q1
I'm surprised that uranyl nitrate solution - which is very soluble - is depositing solid. I don't think the acetic acid can do any harm, so you could try it.
--
Mike Ware
https://www.mikeware.co.uk

--