Re: Uranotypes

brittonie,

Mike,

Q2

Will an acetate print flouresce or just the chemistry? I’ve seen the nitrate powder flouresce a bit but the print not at all.

Just wondering that would be an exciting (haha!) addition

Best,

On Sun, 30 May 2021 at 16:17, Mike Ware <mike@...> wrote:

Bob -
Uranyl acetate is said to be ~10% w/v solubility at room temperature. Aim for this, at least, or even 15% if you're warm! Say 7 g in 50 ml. water.
(A drop or two of acetic acid may help, if it tends to deposit solid basic salt due to hydrolysis.)

You can expect a bright green fluorescence when you put it under the UV! Exposures will be lengthy.
I don't know if you can mix it with your ferricyanide solution, before coating, without it reacting  - it's worth a try. Otherwise develop your Uranotype in ferricyanide as usual.

Mike
P.S. If you have any sodium tetrachloroaurate dihydrate, NaAuCl4.2H2O, dissolve 1 g in 10 ml. Mix this solution 1:1 with your uranyl acetate solution to make a nice gold print - uranochrysotype!
--
Mike Ware
https://www.mikeware.co.uk

--