Re: What is a correct formula for gelatin+glutaraldehyde paper sizing

Don Nelson

You can use up to 0.9 ml 3% glut solution per 100ml of gelatin sizing (I use 5% gelatin)
More than that and you will start forming polyglut. Polyglut will give a yellow stain in the size and cannot be removed.
Very little glut can actually be used. Two active bonding sites on the glut molecule means a lot of crosslinking activity with gelatin
Don Nelson

On Apr 2, 2021, at 8:22 AM, job.westerduin@... wrote:

Hi, i have experimented with gum printing (trail and error,, and i will to start serious first gum printing with a cyanotype as starting layer base this weekend or later.

I have a pot glutaraldehyde from Rollei Black Magic emulsion set, that was left over from my previous silver photopaper enlarging hobby
How many glut and gelatin per 1 liter water.

Greeting Job from The Netherlands.