Re: Alternate to Photoshop

Michael Puff

Check out Gimp.  I know a number of people who use it very successfully for alt negatives including color separations.

Michael

On Apr 1, 2021, at 3:28 PM, dan jones via groups.io <cacadanebay@...> wrote:

Having just retired, I find myself without access to Photoshop (the company paid for my subscription).
Wondering if any other, more affordable Image software out there (Gimp. Affinity etc.), would allow me to continue making digital negatives for alternative processes ?
Not just looking for inverting the image, but being able to split channels for tri-color / quad color gum printing....
have posted and searched the forums, but couldn't find anything...

Thanks
Dan