Re: Alternate to Photoshop

Diana Bloomfield, <dlhbloomfield@...>

Hi Dan,

I've used nothing but GIMP (since 1999 as I remember) for all my digital negatives, and I've never had any issues at all.  And I am primarily a gum printer, so always using color separation negatives.  I find GIMP incredibly easy and intuitive.

Best,

Diana

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 6:28 PM dan jones <cacadanebay@...> wrote:
Having just retired, I find myself without access to Photoshop (the company paid for my subscription).
Wondering if any other, more affordable Image software out there (Gimp. Affinity etc.), would allow me to continue making digital negatives for alternative processes ?
Not just looking for inverting the image, but being able to split channels for tri-color / quad color gum printing....
have posted and searched the forums, but couldn't find anything...

Thanks
Dan