Re: Looking for currently manufactured UV fluorescent tubes

Don Nelson

Jennifer

Sandy’s pronouns are he/him/his

Instead of tubes, consider swapping out with a sheet of aluminum with an array of 365nm UV LEDs
It’s important to get ones that are not waterproof (these age and turn yellow)

Best regards
Don Nelson

On Feb 19, 2021, at 2:40 PM, Jennifer Williams, <jennifer.williams@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I work at a college in New York and we have stacked, drawer-based UV exposure unit. Each drawer has approx. 12-14 bulbs each. At the moment, we're using Voltarc F40T12/AQA P/N 16649 bulbs. I just swapped out the last four we had to replace burnt out ones. I can't find the exact same ones anywhere, so I thought I'd try to find another type that is currently available.

I was reading over Sandy King's excellent info page and thought: why not swap out one unit with BL or BLB bulbs to speed up exposures?

The thing is, I can't seem to find any of the bulbs she recommended (discontinued), so before going down an internet rabbit hole of looking at similar bulbs, I thought I'd ask the group if they have any current T12 tubes they'd recommend.

Alternatively, does anyone know if I can use something like this and it would be similar enough to what I have?

Thanks you any help!

-jen