Re: Question: Royal Photographic Society

Dr Edward Draper,

Thank you, Marty and Dick

For the words of encouragement,

Edward

Working on the go on a screen keyboard - forgive minor errors, please

The big errors you should challenge

On 3 Nov 2020, at 15:58, Richard Sullivan <sullivan8486@...> wrote:

  Congratulations, definitely the RPS is open to historic process work, it's built into their DNA. I've had no experience with a panel, but I have both a FRPS and an HonFRPS, the Honorary was by invitation. As you may know, most of the work I've done in the last 40 years has been in alt-processes. The RPS is a superb photo group and it is open to all aspects of photography. Go for it.

-- Dick Sullivan HonFRPS

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 6:54 AM Dr Edward Draper, <platinumprinz@...> wrote:
AltPhoto, hi

Wishing everyone well in this time of ongoing craziness

I am preparing a panel for a Fellowship distinction at the Royal Photographic Society - Fine Art

I need 21 prints in the panel and I am keen to do them all as gum bichromates, my favourite alt process

Has anyone any experience of the Fellowship distinctions panel? Are they open to such ideas for these panels? It is going to be a lot of hard work, I don’t want to go through all the work to find I shouldn’t have even started. Though I’m on print 8 at the moment

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,