From: Alt-photo-process-list [mailto:alt-photo-process-list-bounces@...] On Behalf Of bobkiss caribsurf.com via Alt-photo-process-list
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:20 AM
To: alt-photo-process-list@...
Cc: bobkiss caribsurf.com
Subject: Re: [Alt-photo] Coating palladium ahead of time

DEAR GILES,

What I am about to say is not scientific proof, just examples from my experience. I sometimes get vertigo and it comes on rather quickly. My PT/PD prints are about 95% palladium and 5% platinum. A number of times, I have coated paper and suddenly had an attack of vertigo so I have had to stop work. I have exposed coated paper from between 24 to 48 hours later, but no longer than that. I haven't noticed a change in speed, contrast or fog but I have noticed that the finished prints looked warmer in color.

*****I do rehumidify the paper before exposing whether I have coated it an hour earlier or 48 hours earlier. I dev in Pot Ox at 40 C.

On another note, there was once the Palladio Company that sold PT/PD printing kits with pre-coated paper and packaged dev and clearing bath. This is how I got started. I made some decent prints with the pre-coated paper but not as nice as what I make now. So there must be a way to pre-coat and use later.

I now defer to those much more experienced in this to answer you further.

CHEERS!
BOB