Topics

zoom h6 battle

Aidan

Hello.

I am trying to figure out, if its possible to record in wave as a
stereo file, or will it only record each input in its own file?
And furder more, does it record each channel also in its own file? It
would be a bit tricky to go in the menu to mix down everything to a
stereo wave file.

Also, any strategys to turn on fantum power easier?
The problem is I cannot figure out weather the on/off setting is in a
seprit menu than the options where you need to select the voltage?
Aidan

Hamit Campos

Hi yes you can record in stereo. First figure out which side of the recorder you feel more confortible having the stereo mic on or even the pair of mics if you are doing something like ORTF. Now if you deside for instance to use tracks 1 and 2. This will be the XLRS on the left. What you do then is hold down the button for track 1 than press and let go of 2. This now has linked them. Note the channals are as follows. XLR 1 which is the left 1 twards the front of the recorder is left channal. Same is done if you wana use tracks 3 and 4. The XLRs on the right. As for phantum you'll make it some what easyer if you keep the tracks linked but I always have my neice Abigail do it because though they are in the phantum menu the on and of and the vultage thing things are 2 seprate menus.What is more if the tracks are un linked the on and off options are their own menu for each 1. Yes as things stand right now it records the tracks to their own files. The tracks in streo are 1 file but keep this mind. The stereo files will each be saved into their own folders. I tell you this so you aren't surprised as I was because I'm use to the Olympus way. The H5 does the olympus thing but that is for a more complex Zoom descussition.

On 7/24/2019 2:30 PM, Aidan wrote:
Hello.

I am trying to figure out, if its possible to record in wave as a
stereo file, or will it only record each input in its own file?
And furder more, does it record each channel also in its own file? It
would be a bit tricky to go in the menu to mix down everything to a
stereo wave file.

Also, any strategys to turn on fantum power easier?
The problem is I cannot figure out weather the on/off setting is in a
seprit menu than the options where you need to select the voltage?
Aidan

Aidan

Hi, thanks for clearing that up.
So if you done and you unpluck the mikes, then the inputs switch off
write? So then if you turn them back on, must you relink them or will
they remember they were linked before?

On 7/24/19, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:
[...]

Na that's the thing too. the naked plugs keep spitting phantum. Thus you keep waisting batteries. Now yes they stay linked. remember to press either of the 2 buttons to dis arm the 2 tracks you armed before unplugging the mics. Because remember this is like an H4N Pro or an H5 in multi track mode. It'll record empty files in other words. Sorry if this gets discurraging. I keep reminding Zoom to do something about accessibility but I don't know maybe not enough blind people make a stink about them for them to care. With their F recorders funny enough though they are at the verry basic Olympus levels of accessibility. Maybe dain or andy or someone else can help with the stratigies thing. I can't cause I'm not a good memorizer. I've been too spoiled by blindness devices so can't commit menus to memory like Neal Ewers. I got the H6 because I plan to record 5.1 surround sound with it at some point. Just need 6 seperate mics and of course the EX H6 and an external phantum supply.

On 7/24/2019 4:54 PM, Aidan wrote:
[...]

If you do wish for what ever reason to unlink them though say you linked 3 and 4. You now hold down 4 and press and let go of 3 that unlinks them. same for 1 and 2. You hold 1 than quick press 2 to link and do it backwards to unlink.

[...]

Ok, thanks.
I thought they would unlink if unplucked. Well, I guess its something
to get use to I guess.
Another option wich is more blind friendly, is to get the u44 and a
few captuals, then connect them that way, because on that thing fantum
power is easy to turn on, but then you would have to take around an
extra recorder if you want to record either the captuals or any other
thing you have in the input.