Zoom H1 and other handy recorders

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

All recorders we've talked about here will certainly capture bird sounds faithfully and you'll most likely want to take advantage of 96K 24-bit to do that job.

On 5/04/2018 8:58 PM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
Hi Hamit!
It was just stupid little me.
Well, i want to capture birds mostly or maybe other sounds.
Maybe the ls100 but i have to have the budget first.
/A

4 apr. 2018 kl. 22:14 skrev Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...>:

Yeah I guess I just always bring up the 100 cause I prefer studio audio. But also and I did as I'm fixsated with studio pro quality if this person even needs XLR. Cause yeah really the 100 is 1 of the best choises if you want an accessible studio grade recorder. But Yeah for quick little record and go things the H1 may do. I guess this person and I'm sorry I can't remember who it was at the moment didn't tell us much of what they want to capture.

On 4/4/2018 2:11 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
I wouldn’t term this discussion accessible rather useable and the Zoom H1 is certainly very useable in fact the H1 doesn’t even have a menu system.
The LS-100 would most likely be overkill for a lot of people though its something than I can use.
I use the LS-100 inside as its so sirceptable to wind noise even with the Gutman windscreen applied so that’s a serious drawback to the recorder.

On 4 Apr 2018, at 11:52 pm, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

What do you mean by accessible? If you want speach may I recomend the Olympus LS-100? It's verry pro and it talks.

On 4/4/2018 6:49 AM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
Hi!
Well, i don’t see the need for it in my daily live but i do want a good accessible recorder that at least can do good recordings.
/A

3 apr. 2018 kl. 21:32 skrev Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...>:

Dude I so want 1 too. I don't think Neal has. I haven't talked to him in a bit but a few months ago when I heard it on youtube and asked him he haddn't. Yeah this thing's epic. I'll have to look for it again but when I do find the Zoom vid of a bit recorded for a movie I'll send the link so ya all can hear the epicness.

On 4/3/2018 2:41 PM, Andy via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi all.

I'm seriously thinking of upgrading from my Zoom h6 to the new Zoome F8, 8 track digital recorder.

Anyone got one yet or do you know if Neil Ewars has completed a demo podcast on this monster?

Very best wishes.

Andy.
From Scotland with Love.

--

"A dog is a good thing to have around a house and so is a fence"

Hamit Campos

True that. I was only pointing out Olympus lists bird watching as 1 of the uses for the LS-100. Also how to me some recorders are brighter then others. Heck as Tascam and Roland have been brought up too I've heard nature stuff on those too. They are pretty good. The most popular being the Tascam DR 40 or th Mark 100 version 3 now.

On 4/5/2018 11:29 AM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
[...]

 From Scotland with Love.