Topics

slightly OT - using tuneIn on the iphone through a vpn

André van Deventer

Hi all

I realize that this is slightly off topic. My sincere apologies.

I’m trying to get tuneInon the iphone to work through a vpn. The vpn is
definitely working but tuneIn refuses to recognize the vpn. Can someone
help with this?

Thanx and regards

André

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

The obvious question I guess <smile>, what are you trying to listen to using
Tunein and how are you listening.
Are you wanting to listen to a stream and then stream what you hear to
another device for example? Problems can occur when say receiving a stream
with Tunein and then trying to cast the received stream to a Chromecast
device.

I realize that this is slightly off topic. My sincere apologies.

I’m trying to get tuneInon the iphone to work through a vpn. The vpn is
definitely working but tuneIn refuses to recognize the vpn. Can someone
help with this?

Thanx and regards

André

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

And one other thing, what version of Tunein are you using? I'm using Tunein
Pro and things work here with my VPN so I can't say the same for the free
version of Tunein.

I realize that this is slightly off topic. My sincere apologies.

I’m trying to get tuneInon the iphone to work through a vpn. The vpn is
definitely working but tuneIn refuses to recognize the vpn. Can someone
help with this?

Thanx and regards

André

André van Deventer

Hi Dane

The problem it seems is then that you need the pro version for the vpn to
work.

Regards
André