skipping back and forth in GoldWave

Howard Traxler

I can't seem to jump forward or backward while playing a file in GoldWave.  It seems there was a windows function that had to be turned on or off and then adjust the size of skip in the view menu. Can anyone set me straight?  Thank you.

Howard

dennis

in the view menue playback should be checked. then use shift plus 1/9 to set the skip amount. hope this helps.

On 3/7/2022 1:26 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:

I can't seem to jump forward or backward while playing a file in GoldWave.
It seems there was a windows function that had to be turned on or off and
then adjust the size of skip in the view menu. Can anyone set me straight?
Thank you.

Howard

( #DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2 )

Howard Traxler

In my GoldWave, the view menu doesn't have a playback choice.  The menu has these choices:

all
specify
selection
preset
preview
auto scroll lock
zoom in
zoom out
a bunch of zoom sizes
vertical all
vertacal zoom in
vertical zoom out
start
finish

Which one of those should I try?

Thanks.
Howard

On 3/7/2022 1:48 PM, dennis wrote:
in the view menue playback should be checked. then use shift plus 1/9 to set the skip amount. hope this helps.

On 3/7/2022 1:26 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:

I can't seem to jump forward or backward while playing a file in GoldWave.
It seems there was a windows function that had to be turned on or off and
then adjust the size of skip in the view menu. Can anyone set me straight?
Thank you.

Howard

( #DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2 )

dennis

auto scroll lock
should be checked.

On 3/7/2022 3:32 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:

[...]

Joe Paton

Howard,
Control-l is the keystroke.
it's called follow playback, it used to be auto scroll lock.

Joe

Howard Traxler

Thank you Dennis.  That took care of it.

Howard

On 3/7/2022 3:55 PM, dennis wrote:
[...]

glad to help. i sometimes forget little things like that and it drives me crazy.

On 3/9/2022 11:20 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:

[...]

)

( #DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2 )

stewartross

hi
can i firstly say sorry for just replying to this message,
as i couldn't find the email address to post to this group.
am looking fore some help.
please can someone tell me any links to where i can get hold of the following software.
goldwave and a mp3 tutorial,
and audorasity? also with an mp3 lesson?
regards
from stew
thanks.

[...]

JM Casey

Can't help with mp3s, but goldwave can be obtained from:
http://www.goldwave.com
And the audacity project is at:
http://www.audacityteam.org

[...]

hi there many thanks fore all theis.
from stew

[...]

Pleasure.
The goldwave manual is good and explains quite well how to use the programme. There are also some good things on the audacity wiki including, if I remember right, an accessibility-oriented page. Check out the VIP software guide for audacity as well, which I think has been updated fairly recently.
I'm more of a text learner than an audio learner so I don't really seek out tutorials and such of that kind, but tend to go for written documentation instead. But I have seen audio tutorials out there for GW at least and there have been some paid and free courses as well. So keep looking.