From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Busboom
Sent: Monday, 23 September 2019 11:05 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] Simple AM/FM radio?

Hello everyone,

For my next trip to the US, where I used to live a long time ago, I’d like to purchase a small AM/FM radio that is simple to use. Many radios of this type these days have digital readouts and work well enough, but I am wondering if radios with just a tuner dial still exist.

Can anyone recommend something for me?

All the best, and thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike Busboom

Hey Dane,

Thank you very much for this info. Do you know if these radios wil fit into a shirt or pants pocket?

Thanks.

On 23.09.2019, at 15:22, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Yes indeed I can recommend something, the Sangean PRD6 which is as simple a radio as you can get.
The radio has an analogue tuing dial and 2 bands, AM and FM
The sound is great and can be fully adjusted to your taste with bass and treble controls.
AM performance is superb for a $30 radio.
If you want to go a few steps further then you might want to get the Sangean PRD17 AM/FM radio with Voice Prompts.
The PRD17 is an AM/FM unit but has voice readout so you know what frequency you are tuned to, has a useable alarm clock etc.
Both these radio sets are excellent buys.