Topics

Seeking Recommendations on Blind-friendly audio Mixers

Jerry Berrier

I'm currently using a Yamaha MG10XU.

It has four XLR mic inputs, which is plenty for me.

It also has stereo inputs.

The manual is loaded with pictures that are not well-explained, so I don't
totally understand some of its features.

Features I'm seeking:

The ability to turn Phantom power on and off for specific channels

Tactile controls, either knobs or sliders

A good built-in USB sound card

A blind-friendly user guide

Some FX would be nice, but not a requirement

Ironically, all of these features except the blind-friendly user guide exist
in the Zoom F6 recorder, but I don't want to have it dedicated too use as a
mixer.

Anybody have suggestions?

Jerry Berrier

http://www.birdblind.org

VICTOR ANDREWS

I have a Yamaha mixer and I have a Behringer mixer as well as the radio company I have no problem with preserve them.

On Aug 29, 2020, at 3:52 AM, Jerry Berrier <jlblists@...> wrote:

I'm currently using a Yamaha MG10XU.

It has four XLR mic inputs, which is plenty for me.

It also has stereo inputs.

The manual is loaded with pictures that are not well-explained, so I don't
totally understand some of its features.

Features I'm seeking:

The ability to turn Phantom power on and off for specific channels

Tactile controls, either knobs or sliders

A good built-in USB sound card

A blind-friendly user guide

Some FX would be nice, but not a requirement

Ironically, all of these features except the blind-friendly user guide exist
in the Zoom F6 recorder, but I don't want to have it dedicated too use as a
mixer.

Anybody have suggestions?

Jerry Berrier

http://www.birdblind.org

VICTOR ANDREWS

You should reach out to people and radio and AC radio they use. Rita the theme of a CB radio. He was the survey you.

On Aug 29, 2020, at 5:21 AM, andrews17@... wrote:

I have a Yamaha mixer and I have a Behringer mixer as well as the radio company I have no problem with preserve them.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 29, 2020, at 3:52 AM, Jerry Berrier <jlblists@...> wrote:

I'm currently using a Yamaha MG10XU.

It has four XLR mic inputs, which is plenty for me.

It also has stereo inputs.

The manual is loaded with pictures that are not well-explained, so I don't
totally understand some of its features.

Features I'm seeking:

The ability to turn Phantom power on and off for specific channels

Tactile controls, either knobs or sliders

A good built-in USB sound card

A blind-friendly user guide

Some FX would be nice, but not a requirement

Ironically, all of these features except the blind-friendly user guide exist
in the Zoom F6 recorder, but I don't want to have it dedicated too use as a
mixer.

Anybody have suggestions?

Jerry Berrier

http://www.birdblind.org

frank cuta

Mackie 1640.
No effects no menus not very portable but fantastic performance.
Phantom is selectible on each channel.
However The digital output is firewire not USB.
Its out of production but I just picked up a second one on ebay for about $400.

If you are just concerned about phantom damage to some of your ribbon microphones you can buy a phantom blocker in line adapter for them.

Frank

[...]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Jerry Berrier

Thanks. I really don't want to go with Firewire, but I like the idea of the inline phantom blocker. I did not know such a thing existed.
Several people have suggested the Mackie to me. They must be really good and reliable mixers.
Thanks for the information.

[...]

stewartross

what is the yamah and the bayring one u have?
stew