Topics

recommendations for a mic for iPhone 8 ?

Tony Sweeney <tonymsweeney@...>

Hi folk,

New to here from Ireland.

Forgive if this question was asked before.

I'm looking for a reasonably-priced mic (about 100 euro (dollar) for my iPhone 8 for one-to-one chats and possibly in time podcasts.

The recordings hopefully  will in time be going out on Facebook so I'm not sure if  a stereo or mono is what I need but open to suggestions as to type and make.

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Tony Sweeney

On 12/05/2020 16:35, Anders Holmberg wrote:
Hi!
Yeah i got a mic for my Iphone which is really cute and great.
I think you have to use the app that’s specially made for the mic but thats accessible so that’s not a big issue.
/A

11 maj 2020 kl. 23:43 skrev Georgina Joyce <gena@gena-j.me.uk>:

Hello,

Use a smart phone with a better mic.

Regards,
On 11 May 2020, at 21:47, David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Mainly I'm looking for podcast creation/lecture recordings. I'm very
out of touch with newer recorders so I don't know features to ask for
or which I really wouldn't need, what features are on modern
recorders?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 5/11/20, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com <mailto:hamitcampos@gmail.com>> wrote:
What would you like your new recorder to have or do? I don't know what
replaces the DS 50.

On 5/11/2020 11:24 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

My Olympus DS50 has given up the ghost. I am now in the market for a
new recorder and would appreciate recommendations.

Thanks.
Dave.

tim cumings

I would recommend the mxl mm-130. It is a handheld microphone which connects directly to your iphone and has both cardioid

and omni polar patterns.