From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Donald L.
Roberts
Sent: February 12, 2019 9:13 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] Question re Winamp 5.66

Many of the CDs in my collection are home brew. Winamp 5.66 is my player of
choice. However, whenever I play one of these CDs, Winamp attempts to search
a database. Where in the settings do I go to preclude such a search?

Thanks.

Don Roberts

Tom Kaufman

Okay, this brings up a question: if one were to install the new version of
Winamp that is supposed to be out, does it have the capability to auto-tag
as previous versions did? I know you said that gracenote no longer works
(and I know this to be true) but am just wondering if possibly Winamp could
have linked with another source?

I don't remember exactly where the setting is to turn the function on and
off, but I think I removed the gracenote plugin as it is pretty much useless
now. So, you could always go to plugins and uninstall it from there.

Many of the CDs in my collection are home brew. Winamp 5.66 is my player of
choice. However, whenever I play one of these CDs, Winamp attempts to search
a database. Where in the settings do I go to preclude such a search?

Thanks.

Don Roberts

JM Casey

Hey Tom.
I'm really not sure about that; I haven't installed the beta, but I seem to
remember looking at the change log and not seeing anything about that. Could
be wrong though.