Plug converter

Andy

Hi all.

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

goshawk on horseback

ebay would be a good place to find such a thing, have picked up all sorts of various adaptors there.

Simon

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

stewartross

yep would have to agree on that re ebay, i have got all sorts of plugs and bits and bobs re radio equipment from ebay,
stewart

ebay would be a good place to find such a thing, have picked up all sorts of various adaptors there.

Simon

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

goshawk on horseback

exactly, you can even get nice fm transmitters, and the correct antennas for them there.

Simon

yep would have to agree on that re ebay, i have got all sorts of plugs and bits and bobs re radio equipment from ebay,
stewart

ebay would be a good place to find such a thing, have picked up all sorts of various adaptors there.

Simon

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

Philip Francis Anderson

Hi Andy

You could always try soliciting the advice of your nearest dealer on the
exact adapter and then go on line once you have a model number/brand.

Cordially
Philip
Philip Francis Anderson
Independence for life! Making a Difference, Making it Happen!
Winner of "Let's Do Enterprise North Staffordshire 2007.

"Laborate pro sapientia et salute" - Let us work for wisdom and health.

Contact:
Lan: 01782 970755
Mob: 07948 568191
E: pfa@philip-anderson.co.uk

Available for media interviews and after-dinner speeches.

Confidentiality:
The content of this email is intended for the recipient specified in this
message only and maybe legally privileged. It is strictly forbidden to share
any part of this message with any third party without the written consent of
the sender.
If you received this message in error, please reply to
pfa@philip-anderson.co.uk and follow with its deletion, so that I can
prevent a similar mistake from occurring in the future.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Consider The Environment. Do not print this email and it's associated
content unless it is absolutely necessary.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses. While every effort to safeguard this message from viruses has
been taken, no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.

ebay would be a good place to find such a thing, have picked up all sorts of
various adaptors there.

Simon

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6
and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need
either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of
purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

Georgina Joyce

Hello Andrew,

Not sure if this is the beast from RS. See if you can find a number and give them a ring. I also see lots of these type connectors at CPC.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/av-adapters/0448294/?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_UK_EN_Connectors_Whoop-_-AV+Adapters_Whoop+(2)-_-448294&matchtype=&pla-298198868361&gclid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd0NehgzNr5ZkX4JBOP0yLsk-OrQRpuov6Rx3DqKoyC6lUurrct2M6RoCL5MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Gena

On 21 Apr 2021, at 08:14, Andy via groups.io <meikle.aiden=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all.

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

Georgina

Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Georgina Joyce

Hello Andy,

Just to b clear. The end of your microphones are a jack so you need to plug that jack into a socket? Thus you are looking for a mini socket to XLR?

On 21 Apr 2021, at 08:14, Andy via groups.io <meikle.aiden=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all.

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

Georgina

Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Gary Schindler

Does this mic have a 3.5 stereo male plug? I have never seen an XLR adapter for that application, but for a mono 3.5 jack, you can buy a 6.5 MM female to XLR and use a 3.5 MM female to 6.5 MM male adapter. I think it would be clunky and noisy but it will work.

On Apr 21, 2021, at 11:46 AM, Georgina Joyce <gena@gena-j.me.uk> wrote:

[...]

hi gena
as simon said cpc is a good source for stuff.
has anyone had any experence of a rodent1-a mic, and if so what did u think? as i have just got one for me studio.
stew

[...]

re plugs and converters
u could studio spares, or gear 4 music,
from stewart

[...]

so simon what fm transmitter and aerial did u get?
make sure that the fm tx's are filtered, so they don't sprog over the band.

[...]

can't remember the aerial, but it was a proper one. the transmitter I now have, is the Decade FM-850.
I previously had one of those unknown make chinese ones, but this is a much better one.

Simon

[...]

where did u get the aerial for the fm tx from, and where did u get the good fm tx from?
yep those chinies ones r a bit hit and miss.
from stewart

[...]

Hi again Gena.

Yes, that is exactly what I wish to do, but I need an adapter to plug the mini jack of the BS9's into, then that adapter plugs into the XLR on either my H6 or F8N.

I know there is such an adapter for I was told that by an engineer on the BSM website, support section.

So that adapter probably has a name or a code number, so I can search for it on Amazon or Google.

The guy did advise that I could plug the binaural mic set into both of my recorders but I needed an adapter. I just don't know what is called in order that I can buy a few of them.

I also purchased 3 Road at mic's The one with a battery and does not require phantom power and a pair whitch do. NT82 rings a bell. Anyway the 2 mic set microphones come with a lead from XLR to mini jack plug and an XLR plug to XLR plug.

Odly, I visited Kenny's Sounds in Glasgow and the guy did not understand what I was talking about and he sells all sorts of musical equipment, including guitars pre-amp, stands and so on. When I asked, but surely lots of the musicians that visit your shop record their own work on gadgets such as Zoom recorders? He said that they do but still did not understand my question.

Any of this make sense to you Gena?

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

The only other option I've got is to plug the mini jack of the BSM microphones into the mini jack socket, found on the H6 XY socket, but what do I do for the F8N?

[...]

hi would this be a xlr mail or femail
and would the minny jack be stereo,
ill have a look around for you.
from stewart

[...]

Well that product from RS Components is the thing you want. I would ring them tomorrow.

Regards,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena@gena-j.me.uk>
[...]

Hello Stewart,

I have one but I didn't like my voice from it. It is the quietest mic in respect of the noise floor. I think it is the only side address microphone I have in my collection.

Regards,
On 21 Apr 2021, at 17:06, stewartross via groups.io <stewartross=sky.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

I recall us discussing this before. Don't you need to feed them 1.5V?

Could you remind me of the website for the microphones. Wasn't that American company going out of business?

Thanks,

On 21 Apr 2021, at 08:14, Andy via groups.io <meikle.aiden=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all.

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

Georgina

Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Georgina Joyce

Hello Andy,

Just looking for some. I see that I can get these from the UK. Do you think they are the same as the BSM09? These do terminate in 2 3.5 jacks do the BSMs?

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Roland-CS-10EM-Binaural-Microphones-Earphones/DLV?origin=product-ads&gclid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd1-4A-s9C5ESD73lqLXLanxX2gvYYbsPMF1j-njlQ506pbgLQaDgshoC_MwQAvD_BwE

Gena