From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim
Grady
Sent: Monday, 18 February 2019 2:07 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] playlist maker

I ha pretty long list of .mp3 files that I would like to listen too in a
certain order. Is there a program that will automatically create a
playlist?

Tim Grady

Thanks. It has been so long since I did that I forgot how. Could you
remind me, barry?
Alternatively, you can use the dir command line function in Windows to
create a list of files which you can save to a .m3u file.

Barry Chapman

Hi Tim,

Create a batch file in Notepad or another text editor. You could call it
playlist.bat

If, for example, you want the playlist to include all MP3 files on your C:
drive, type or copy the following to the file.

dir/s/b "c:\*.mp3">c:\playlist.m3u

When you run the batch file, which you can do by locating it with Windows
Explorer and pressing enter on it, the paths and filenames of all MP3 files
on your C: drive will be written to c:\playlist.m3u. You can then open
playlist.m3u in your preferred media player.

If you wish to add, delete or re-order files, you can do this in Notepad or
another text editor.

Say then you only wanted MP3 files on your C: drive in the folders Pop Music
and Country Music including sub-folders, you could modify the code as
follows:

dir/s/b "c:\Pop Music\*.mp3">c:\playlist.m3u
dir/s/b "c:\Country Music\*.mp3">>c:\playlist.m3u

Note that the second line has two greater than signs so that it is appended
to the file rather than over-writing it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Barry Chapman