Topics

PC recording problem

Donald Roberts <donald_roberts_99@...>

I have two PCs, each of which is running Windows 10 version 1909.  The HP has the problem, the Dell does not.  I usually use Window-eyes 9.5.4, but use Jaws 18 when W E encounters an issue, though I am confident this is not relevant to my current issue.

There are times when I wish to record a stream from the internet.  So I fire up Total Recorder and set the source selection to stereo mix, having first gone into the sound card settings to make sure that stereo mix is selected.  But when I attempt to record, the sound is recorded but plays back at an extremely accelerated rate of speed.  Yes, I know that Total Recorder has a speed adjustment.  So I make sure that it is in the normal position, and to prove this, I play back a recording which was not made from streaming.  And this test recording plays at a normal speed.

So in order to investigate further, I change to other recorders including Studio Recorder and Gold Wave, all of which exhibit the problem when I attempt to record a stream.

I am hoping that someone on list has encountered this issue and has found a solution.  If so, what is the solution?

Thanks.

Don Roberts