Topics

Optical Cables and Right-Angle Adaptors

Darran Ross

Hi List.

I've got an optical cable plugged into my desktop machine, and in an attempt to relieve the obvious stress being placed on the cable by its positioning I bought a right-angle adaptor. However, its not working and I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice.

I have actually bought two different adaptors as the first one didn't work either and I thought it might be faulty, but I now find that the second one from a different maker is also not working and I'm a little perplexed to say the least. After all, its such a straight-forward bit of kit that you wonder where you could be going wrong, but I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this for me.

To sum up, the optical cable works as expected until the adaptors are connected, then silence.

Anyone any ideas?

Darran

Gary Schindler

Is there a cap of some kind on the ends of the adapters? That is the only thing I can think of because the optical signal should be able to go around corners.

--
Gary G. Schindler

Darran Ross

Hi Gary.

There were caps on the adaptor to begin with, but they have been removed.

Darran

[...]

__________ ESET Internet Security __________

This email was scanned, no threats were found.

Detection engine version: 19733 (20190723)

http://www.eset.com

Gary Schindler

Darran, Are you using the mini optical adapters that look like a 3.5 jack on the end? maybe they have to be snugged up tighter. this is just a guess! I never used the right angle adapters my self.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Schindler" <garys5462@...>
[...]

No Gary, its the straight-forward connections, not the mini optical version.

[...]

Detection engine version: 19734 (20190723)

http://www.eset.com

Gary Schindler

That has me stumped then.