Olympus LS-04

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Here’s a link to the second recording I’ve made thus far with the Olympus LS-p4 and that’s not bad going given I’ve only had the recorder for half an hour and I stopped for a lunch break <smile>
I’d like to make it clear that there’s nothing special about this recording and no precautions were taken.
The Olympus was in auto level mode and I didn’t fit a windscreen so you’ll find that out for yourself I’m sure.
I explain what I’ve found out about the recorder thus far so enjoy or not as the case may be.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxi4lpbjy4fbf9i/180406_0002.flac?dl=0

Hamit Campos

I just grabbed it. Hmmmm this has a bit of a bigger sound then the P2. But then again you didn't shut the middle Omni off right? Neal for what ever reason just hates that omni. It's kinda funny actually how it gets under his skin. Meh maybe he's right. an omni between 2 cardioids may not be a good idea. I'd have to get an H5 at least 3 real seperate mikes, and try it for reals. Cause they are too little even on the 14 and too near to each other to really see what having that omni there actually does bad.

On 4/4/2018 10:57 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Here’s a link to the second recording I’ve made thus far with the Olympus LS-p4 and that’s not bad going given I’ve only had the recorder for half an hour and I stopped for a lunch break <smile>
I’d like to make it clear that there’s nothing special about this recording and no precautions were taken.
The Olympus was in auto level mode and I didn’t fit a windscreen so you’ll find that out for yourself I’m sure.
I explain what I’ve found out about the recorder thus far so enjoy or not as the case may be.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxi4lpbjy4fbf9i/180406_0002.flac?dl=0

Hamit Campos

Funny too Olympus won't tell us the frequency responce of the omni. I know though that well on the LS-14 the sides hear 60 Hz all the way to the full 20 KHZ. But who knows what that omni hears.

On 4/4/2018 10:57 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Here’s a link to the second recording I’ve made thus far with the Olympus LS-p4 and that’s not bad going given I’ve only had the recorder for half an hour and I stopped for a lunch break <smile>
I’d like to make it clear that there’s nothing special about this recording and no precautions were taken.
The Olympus was in auto level mode and I didn’t fit a windscreen so you’ll find that out for yourself I’m sure.
I explain what I’ve found out about the recorder thus far so enjoy or not as the case may be.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxi4lpbjy4fbf9i/180406_0002.flac?dl=0

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

I’ve not heard Neal’s review on the P2 as yet so I’m none the wiser there.
I only plan to use this recorder for general use so for that it will do just fine particularly given the size of the recorder and the fact it takes 1 AAA type battery.

On 5 Apr 2018, at 1:07 pm, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

[...]

Yeah and basically that's what Neal said it's good fore. It's supposed to be good for music too by how it's sold but Neal dissagreed with that.

On 4/4/2018 11:12 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
[...]

Joe Paton

Cheers dane, sounds pretty good on this system.

Thanks for taking the trouble.

JP

Joe Paton
telephone: 01702 543624