Topics

New In Stock Talking Multimeter

frank cuta

I can't review this because I just learned about it but at $40 I am
certainly going to byte.
Frank

Subject: New In Stock Talking Multimeter

https://www.mpja.com/Talking-Digital-Multimeter/productinfo/35042+ME

Talking Digital Multi meter 35042 TE

Stock No: 35042 ME

Order directly from here or call

1-800-652-6733
There is a video you can listen to on this page.

Talking, High tech. 10 function, Backlit, 3-1/2" digit hand held meter with
1" LCD display.
True RMS/Average Measurement Selection
Includes 9V battery, test leads, instructions
Fuse Overload protection.
CE listed; IEC 1010 Cat III-1000V Compliant
NOTES:
1: To Turn OFF Voice; Press and Hold (~3sec.) "TRUE/AVG" Button
2: To Read Frequency: Select 750VAC Range- Press"HOLD/SELECT"
3: To Turn on Backlight: Press & Hold (~3sec.) "HOLD/SELECT" Button
Backlight will turn off after ~10seconds
4: Meter is Auto Off will turn off after ~20min
SPECIFICATIONS
DC VOLTS & CURRENT
Volts: .2,2,20,200,1000V
Accuracy: .5% + 3 Counts on 200mV-200V
.8% + 10 Counts 1000VDC
Current: 20uA, 2mA, 20mA, 200mA,10A
Accuracy: .8% + 10 Counts on 20ua & 2mA
2% + 30 Counts on 20mA-10A
AC VOLTS (RMS/AVG)
Frequency Response: Sine/Triangle: 40Hz-1KHz
Other Waveform: 40Hz-200Hz
Volts: .2,2,20,200,750V
Accuracy: .8% + 5 Counts on .2-200V
1.2% +10Counts on 750V
Current: 20mA, 200mA, 10A
Accuracy: 2% + 30 Counts
RESISTANCE
Ranges: 200,2K,20K,200K,2M,20M Ohms
Accuracy: .8% + 5 Counts on 200 ohm
.8% + 3 Counts on 2K-2M
1% + 25 Counts on 20M
CAPACITANCE
Ranges: 20nF, 200nF, 2uF, 20uF, 200uF, 2mF, 20mF
Accuracy: 3.5% + 20 Counts on 20nF-20uF
5% + 10 Counts on 200uF-20mf
OTHER FUNCTIONS
Frequency: (Select 750VAC Range- Press"Hold/Select" Button
Diode Test: ~3-4VDC open circuit
hFE: ~1mA test current
NCV: "Near Field AC" Beep Rate High for near/Low for far
L: 7-1/4" W: 3-1/2 T: 1-7/8" WT: 1.2

Dane Trethowan

Hi there and sorry for the late reply.
I've had a look at this meter and my own personal view is that $400 is one
hell of a lot to spend on something like this.
I bought a Bluetooth Multi Meter from an Australian supplier called Jaycar
Electronics and this does me well enough.
I use my Android phone along with the downloadable App which does a number
of things.
Firstly you can double-tap on the screen to have a voice readout or set this
to automatic mode, the App uses Google TTS Engine or whatever you have set
as a default TTS engine.
Second the App creates a log which you can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive
so you can keep track of the measurements you're making or add notes if
required.
The cost of this meter was $130 Australian.
A quick search on Amazon reveals quite a few Bluetooth Multi Meter tools
which may be useful or in fact be the same as the one I'm discussing here so
its up to the buyer I guess to do some testing and to return the unit if it
can't be used.
Thanks Frank for passing this information on to the list.

[...]

Brian Olesen

Hi Dane,
You didn't look good enough my friend.
It's only $ 40. Grin

Brian

[...]

I beg the pardon of the list and don't know what I was thinking of when I
wrote that eMail.
Now for the interesting question.
On just examining the web page again I'm curious to know why a note has bee
added suggesting that this item is not suitable for Visually Impaired users?

[...]

Dane,

Looks like it does not speak the range that is selected. Since I rarely
take mine off of DC volts its not much of a concern. I will probably
record a pen friend label listing all of the other ranges in order but I
don't expect to use them much except for perhaps capacitance and resistance.

Frank

[...]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Dane Trethowan

Sorry to hear that.
If I do get some time then I’ll do a demo of the bluetooth unit I have with my Android phone.