Topics

Need Help Editing Audio in Ferrite Recording Studio for iOS

Kelly Sapergia

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to edit audio in Ferrite Recording Studio for
iOS. What I'd like to do is select a portion of a track to delete, copy,
etc., but so far don't know what to do. I've read the section of the manual
where Voiceover is discussed, but it hasn't helped. Any advice?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net
Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

The first thing you need to do is to turn on the shortcut bar.
You can then drag the playhead selecting as you go and do all the standard operations such as delete, copy, apply effects etc.
I’ve not tried Ferrite on an iPhone yet and yes I do cheat to a degree using the shortcut keys on my Smart Keyboard with my iPad Pro <smile>.

On 8 Jul 2019, at 3:33 am, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to edit audio in Ferrite Recording Studio for
iOS. What I'd like to do is select a portion of a track to delete, copy,
etc., but so far don't know what to do. I've read the section of the manual
where Voiceover is discussed, but it hasn't helped. Any advice?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net
Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

Aidan

I also find it difficult. I can delete copy and so on, but to select
the audio is not easy. Really total recorder and GoldWave is so much
easyer to spesify start and end point.

On 7/9/19, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:
[...]

I guess its what you're used to but I think that's a bit unreasonable to compare Ferite Recorder with Goldwave etc as Goldwave and so on are used exclusively with keyboards for blind people whereas Ferrite is used mainly with a touch screen and some of the methods of manipulation - with users of VoiceOver in mind - are ingenious to say the least.

[...]

Maybe so, but really, are you telling me he could not just made it
more simple to put start and end markers? Remember the old bossjock,
and how easy it was to spesify a loop point, that is all one would ask
fore. Then touch screen is fine.

[...]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.