my ears!

John Heath

Hi! Getting older and I am now having trouble with certain songs where the
instrumentation overpowers the voice. Are there ways to bring up the voice
to compensate?

Georgina Joyce

Hello,

I have high frequency loss and have been given hearing aids. When I ware them they help a little in this respect. But they do spoil my enjoyment of the music. I should say I am a vinyl fan and rather hear the music how the artist / producer intended it to sound. So I haven't tried increasing the highs to compensate for my hearing.

So you could try lifting the highs from the amp or equaliser. Or investigate the need for a hearing test to see if aids would help. It is interesting to experience how a slight high hearing loss affects the defining one sound from that of another. For going out a noisy environment is torture for me now too.

Good luck.

Gena

On 1 Apr 2022, at 17:32, John Heath via groups.io <gus1888@...> wrote:

Hi! Getting older and I am now having trouble with certain songs where the
instrumentation overpowers the voice. Are there ways to bring up the voice
to compensate?

Georgina

Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Brian Olesen

Hi John,
Speech lies in the frequency spectra of about 3.5 khz to 5.5 khz. So if you
have an E Q you can raize that specific area of the song a few decibels to
enhance the vocals a little bit.

Best regards
Brian

<gus1888@...> wrote:

Hi! Getting older and I am now having trouble with certain songs where
the instrumentation overpowers the voice. Are there ways to bring up
the voice to compensate?

Georgina

Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Anders Holmberg

Hi!
Yes I also have that on my left ear.
But I don’t like my hearing aid so I need to switch.
I also have a high frequency tinitus on my left ear.
Very very frustrating sometimes.
But I listen to white noise in my Apple EarPods Max and that seem to help a bit.
But I really like listening to music.
/A