Topics

Key commands in GoldWave

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

How does one move in goldwave?  Left, right, pgup and pgdn don't seem to do anything.  What am I doind wrong?

Thank you.

Howard

If you go into the help menu you can get quick access to the Goldwave Manual.
In there you’ll find a list of keyboard shortcuts.
I warn you now the list is extensive.

On 2 Feb 2019, at 3:30 pm, Howard Traxler <howard@...> wrote:

How does one move in goldwave? Left, right, pgup and pgdn don't seem to do anything. What am I doind wrong?

Thank you.

Howard

Colin Howard

Greetings,

Howard, I suspect you have unchecked auto-scrol-lock in the view menu, it is
a toggle ctrl with l, this is why page up down arrows left right Etc. are
not working.

I've activated this before by accident and wondered why all of a sudden
these keys don't work.

---
https://www.avg.com

Colin Howard

Greetings again,

I am curious to know why one would ever uncheck the auto scroll lock because
what benefit would this achieve? What can one do in GW not possible when
this is checked?

Is it perhaps mouse- or graphics-related?

---
https://www.avg.com

vinny Samarco

Hello,
I have two questions. The first one is, is there any way to go back to an older version of goldwave? I would like to replace the current one with 5.7 or 5.8.
The other question is that I can't re,e,ber the key command to move between two files or folders so I can cut and paste. This is because I haven't used gw in a long time. I tried to search for copying to clipboard in the help menue but couldn't find it.
Thanks for your help.
Vinny

If you go into the help menu you can get quick access to the Goldwave Manual.
In there you’ll find a list of keyboard shortcuts.
I warn you now the list is extensive.

On 2 Feb 2019, at 3:30 pm, Howard Traxler <howard@...> wrote:

How does one move in goldwave? Left, right, pgup and pgdn don't seem to do anything. What am I doind wrong?

Thank you.

Howard

John Covici

copying to clipboard is control-c and pasting is control-v, or there
is a paste in the edit menu for more fine grained control.

-----Original Message----- From: Dane Trethowan
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2019 9:40 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

Hi,

<howard@...> wrote:

How does one move in goldwave? Left, right, pgup and pgdn
don't seem to do anything. What am I doind wrong?

Thank you.

Howard

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

vinny Samarco

Hi,
I am looking for the key command that allows you to switch from one file or folder to another in gw, I thought it was F6 or control f6, but these didn't work.
Vinny

Sent: Friday, February 01, 2019 9:40 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

Hi,

<howard@...> wrote:

How does one move in goldwave? Left, right, pgup and pgdn
don't seem to do anything. What am I doind wrong?

Thank you.

Howard

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

John Covici

Its on the window menu, alt then w and use up and down arrows.

-----Original Message----- From: John Covici

Sent: Friday, February 01, 2019 9:40 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

Hi,

<howard@...> wrote:

How does one move in goldwave? Left, right, pgup and pgdn
don't seem to do anything. What am I doind wrong?

Thank you.

Howard

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Thank you Colin,  That was certainly the problem.  I read something about scroll lock in the manual; but that's a key I never touched in 32 years of playing with computers.  Of course, I thought it meant the scroll lock key on the keyboard. So I pressed that one a few times which did nothing.  Now I did the view menu choice and it works like I expected.  I, too, can't imagine what that command is for.  Now I have to try to remember all the other GoldWave stuff I forgot in the last three years since my main XP machine went down.

Thanks again.

Howard

On 2/2/2019 2:20 AM, Colin Howard wrote:
Greetings again,

I am curious to know why one would ever uncheck the auto scroll lock because
what benefit would this achieve? What can one do in GW not possible when
this is checked?

Is it perhaps mouse- or graphics-related?

---
https://www.avg.com

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Vinny, which version would you like?  I have a collection of them from 4.26 on.  Of course, they are the demo versions to which you must add your own authorization stuff.

Howard

Sent: Friday, February 01, 2019 9:40 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

Hi,
If you go into the help menu you can get quick access to the Goldwave Manual.
In there you’ll find a list of keyboard shortcuts.
I warn you now the list is extensive.

On 2 Feb 2019, at 3:30 pm, Howard Traxler <howard@...> wrote:

How does one move in goldwave?  Left, right, pgup and pgdn don't seem to do anything.  What am I doind wrong?

Thank you.

Howard

Colin Howard

Greetings,

Here is the DropBox link for GW V5.70, it will be left until Sunday, 2019 02
10 mid day UK time or soon as you let me know you have taken it.

File Name:
GoldWave v5.70 files.zip

Modified dropBox DownLoad Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mss5zm0xilu6eix/GoldWave%20v5.70%20files.zip?dl=1

---
https://www.avg.com

vinny Samarco

Hi Colin,
Sorry, I have an old dropbox program someone gave and I don't know how to use it.

Here is the DropBox link for GW V5.70, it will be left until Sunday, 2019 02
10 mid day UK time or soon as you let me know you have taken it.

File Name:
GoldWave v5.70 files.zip

Modified dropBox DownLoad Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mss5zm0xilu6eix/GoldWave%20v5.70%20files.zip?dl=1

---
https://www.avg.com

A tip for your Dropbox, have a look on in the notes for the file from the
Options in Dropbox on the System tray.
You can set limits on a file, for example how long a file stays up on
Dropbox before it is deleted.