Topics

Intagraded amps:

Mike Barnard

I have a chance to get the Denon AVR-x 3400 H for $599.00 and the 3500 is
$999.00 Are there many differences?

Crutchfield is selling this amp because it is discontinued.

You all have good advice, so I wanted to ask befor jumping at it.

Mike Barnard

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

I think you meant to say Integrated Amp? Well actually we’re talking Surround-Sound receivers here.
I have a Denon AVR-X3400H and I bought this a couple of months before the arrival of the Denon AVR-X3500H.
As far as I know there are 2 main differences and whether you think these difference make the AVRX-3500H worth buying is a question that only you can answer.
I myself wish I could have waited the extra months. Unfortunately at the time I needed to replace my then AVR-2113 urgently as the whole device had crashed after an attempted firmware update and couldn’t be recovered.
So it was a clear choice for me at the time because everything in my lounge pretty much relies on the Surround-Sound receiver to function, replace the Receiver or go without Entertainment in the lounge.
Anyway back to the 2 choices you have outlined.
The AVR-X3500H has a Fono input stage and is Airplay II compatible.

On 9 May 2019, at 5:57 am, Mike Barnard <9988mbarnard@...> wrote:

I have a chance to get the Denon AVR-x 3400 H for $599.00 and the 3500 is
$999.00 Are there many differences?

Crutchfield is selling this amp because it is discontinued.

You all have good advice, so I wanted to ask befor jumping at it.

Mike Barnard

Mike Barnard

Thanks for the advise. I have a phono preamp, I do appreciate your help, sometimes it is a little confusing for me. I probably will go with theavr-3400H. $400.00 I think is a good savings, and I don't use airplay much.
Again thanks.
Mike Barnard

[...]

May you enjoy and keep us informed of your experience with your equipment whatever you decide to buy.