Topics

Intagraded amp questions:

Mike Barnard

I have a Dennon I believe a BR 1321 amp and it isn't that accessible. I
remember someone writing they had that amp and got a newer model and it was
much more accessible.

I am wanting to upgrade, mostly so I can use the amp better.

I have 4 speakers, set up for sound surround,. I use both Hdmi, Analog, and
coax inputs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike Barnard

KD2CDU

Dane Trethowan

If you’re looking at surround then perhaps look at the Denon AVR-X series.
I have the Denon AVR-x3400H though this is a discontinued model now and has been replaced by the AVR-3500H.
I mainly use an iPhone App to access my unit or use the Heos App to do likewise.
The AVR-X series has a HTML Interface if you would prefer to use that.
The AVR-X1500H is the base model as far as I’m aware and that is a 5.1 channel system.
From there you go into 7.1 and 7.2 channel status and - given what you’ve told us - you would probably only want the AVR-X1500 given you have 4 speakers so you can add an additional centre channel and sub-woofer when you’re ready.
Note than an App can be purchased for IOS and Android to facilitate auto calibration of the Amplifier and the connected speakers. I manually calibrated my setup.

On 3 May 2019, at 2:32 am, Mike Barnard <9988mbarnard@...> wrote:

I have a Dennon I believe a BR 1321 amp and it isn't that accessible. I
remember someone writing they had that amp and got a newer model and it was
much more accessible.

I am wanting to upgrade, mostly so I can use the amp better.

I have 4 speakers, set up for sound surround,. I use both Hdmi, Analog, and
coax inputs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike Barnard

KD2CDU

Mike Barnard

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. There is a place Audio Classics, about 40 miles from me in Binghamton, Ny. Do you mind if I send your email to them, so they can find out if they can get the amp?
Mike Barnard
KD2CDU

If you’re looking at surround then perhaps look at the Denon AVR-X series.
I have the Denon AVR-x3400H though this is a discontinued model now and has been replaced by the AVR-3500H.
I mainly use an iPhone App to access my unit or use the Heos App to do likewise.
The AVR-X series has a HTML Interface if you would prefer to use that.
The AVR-X1500H is the base model as far as I’m aware and that is a 5.1 channel system.
From there you go into 7.1 and 7.2 channel status and - given what you’ve told us - you would probably only want the AVR-X1500 given you have 4 speakers so you can add an additional centre channel and sub-woofer when you’re ready.
Note than an App can be purchased for IOS and Android to facilitate auto calibration of the Amplifier and the connected speakers. I manually calibrated my setup.

On 3 May 2019, at 2:32 am, Mike Barnard <9988mbarnard@...> wrote:

I have a Dennon I believe a BR 1321 amp and it isn't that accessible. I
remember someone writing they had that amp and got a newer model and it was
much more accessible.

I am wanting to upgrade, mostly so I can use the amp better.

I have 4 speakers, set up for sound surround,. I use both Hdmi, Analog, and
coax inputs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike Barnard

KD2CDU

Dane Trethowan

I’m sure if they stock Denon then they’ll have no problems sourcing that machine.
I would add that you would find it most beneficial if you have an IOS or Android device so you can take full advantage of what these AVR receivers have to offer.

On 3 May 2019, at 3:14 am, Mike Barnard <9988mbarnard@...> wrote:

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. There is a place Audio Classics, about 40 miles from me in Binghamton, Ny. Do you mind if I send your email to them, so they can find out if they can get the amp?
Mike Barnard
KD2CDU

If you’re looking at surround then perhaps look at the Denon AVR-X series.
I have the Denon AVR-x3400H though this is a discontinued model now and has been replaced by the AVR-3500H.
I mainly use an iPhone App to access my unit or use the Heos App to do likewise.
The AVR-X series has a HTML Interface if you would prefer to use that.
The AVR-X1500H is the base model as far as I’m aware and that is a 5.1 channel system.
From there you go into 7.1 and 7.2 channel status and - given what you’ve told us - you would probably only want the AVR-X1500 given you have 4 speakers so you can add an additional centre channel and sub-woofer when you’re ready.
Note than an App can be purchased for IOS and Android to facilitate auto calibration of the Amplifier and the connected speakers. I manually calibrated my setup.

On 3 May 2019, at 2:32 am, Mike Barnard <9988mbarnard@...> wrote:

I have a Dennon I believe a BR 1321 amp and it isn't that accessible. I
remember someone writing they had that amp and got a newer model and it was
much more accessible.

I am wanting to upgrade, mostly so I can use the amp better.

I have 4 speakers, set up for sound surround,. I use both Hdmi, Analog, and
coax inputs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike Barnard

KD2CDU

Mike Barnard

I do have an iphone 8.

If you’re looking at surround then perhaps look at the Denon AVR-X series.
I have the Denon AVR-x3400H though this is a discontinued model now and has been replaced by the AVR-3500H.
I mainly use an iPhone App to access my unit or use the Heos App to do likewise.
The AVR-X series has a HTML Interface if you would prefer to use that.
The AVR-X1500H is the base model as far as I’m aware and that is a 5.1 channel system.
From there you go into 7.1 and 7.2 channel status and - given what you’ve told us - you would probably only want the AVR-X1500 given you have 4 speakers so you can add an additional centre channel and sub-woofer when you’re ready.
Note than an App can be purchased for IOS and Android to facilitate auto calibration of the Amplifier and the connected speakers. I manually calibrated my setup.

On 3 May 2019, at 2:32 am, Mike Barnard <9988mbarnard@...> wrote:

I have a Dennon I believe a BR 1321 amp and it isn't that accessible. I
remember someone writing they had that amp and got a newer model and it was
much more accessible.

I am wanting to upgrade, mostly so I can use the amp better.

I have 4 speakers, set up for sound surround,. I use both Hdmi, Analog, and
coax inputs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike Barnard

KD2CDU

Dane Trethowan

The Apps are easy to get around.
Heos will let you connect the amp to various sources on your home network, music subscription/streaming sources etc.
The AVR Remote will let you set menu options and other modes.
You can use other Apps with the Amp such as ARC MC Pro to stream content using DLNA.
The amp has a built-in AirPlay function for streaming directly using AirPlay.
All this is just the tip of the iceberg.

On 3 May 2019, at 4:25 am, Mike Barnard <9988mbarnard@...> wrote:

I do have an iphone 8.

If you’re looking at surround then perhaps look at the Denon AVR-X series.
I have the Denon AVR-x3400H though this is a discontinued model now and has been replaced by the AVR-3500H.
I mainly use an iPhone App to access my unit or use the Heos App to do likewise.
The AVR-X series has a HTML Interface if you would prefer to use that.
The AVR-X1500H is the base model as far as I’m aware and that is a 5.1 channel system.
From there you go into 7.1 and 7.2 channel status and - given what you’ve told us - you would probably only want the AVR-X1500 given you have 4 speakers so you can add an additional centre channel and sub-woofer when you’re ready.
Note than an App can be purchased for IOS and Android to facilitate auto calibration of the Amplifier and the connected speakers. I manually calibrated my setup.

On 3 May 2019, at 2:32 am, Mike Barnard <9988mbarnard@...> wrote:

I have a Dennon I believe a BR 1321 amp and it isn't that accessible. I
remember someone writing they had that amp and got a newer model and it was
much more accessible.

I am wanting to upgrade, mostly so I can use the amp better.

I have 4 speakers, set up for sound surround,. I use both Hdmi, Analog, and
coax inputs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike Barnard

KD2CDU

Mike Barnard

If you have anything else could you send it my way please?
I can run the iphone, I have the Barra remote and the dennon remote. I also have windows 10 and jaws, and nvda. I am not that good with jaws, I had window-eyes until they were bought out.
I think they are looking ad the AVR 3500. It has 105 wats, 5 analog inputs, and 8 hdmi inputs.
Any more it is so hard to find help. Thanks again for all your help.
People on this list and the blind hams list are very helpful, it is appreciated by me.
Thanks again.
Mike Barnard
KD2CDU