From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robin Frost
Sent: November 10, 2021 4:18 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Exact Audio Copy Question

Hi,

No you were correct that's exactly what I was asking. I was just curious if anyone had a sample of what to put in there and I was also trying to find out why though I set it to rip at 320kbps it wasn't obeying the setting to do so. In the end I may go for a different option that seems to be working better for me.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Take good care.

Robin

On 11/10/2021 11:47 AM, John Covici wrote:
In the filename tab, you can put a string with things like
album\artist ... and those directories will be created with those
names -- otherwise I am not sure what you are asking.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 09:57:55 -0500,
Robin Frost wrote:
Hi,

Yes I see its menu option but what I was asking specifically was
exactly what string of code to put in that area to make it do that
which I was seeking or in the configuration wizard where it gives you
naming choices which in the list box would do what I want? So far I
haven't hit upon the right one. I always try a bit of experimentation
before coming to the list to ask questions so this isn't laziness
rather it's truly asking so I can learn.

Take good care.

Robin

On 11/10/2021 6:09 AM, John Covici wrote:
I think if you go into the menus and select eac options, and go
into the filename tab, you will see what you need.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 02:05:44 -0500,
Robin Frost wrote:
Hi,

I hope this finds all happy and well.

A while back during a discussion of cd rippers, someone recommended
Exact Audio copy. Now that I'm trying it I am left with one burning
question that I hope some kind soul will help me figure out.

I am trying to get the program when ripping a cd to create the
structure observing the convention of creating artist folder, album
title folder into which to place the individual tracks.

Its default configuration is simply ripping the tracks into the
currently designated folder.

If anyone could provide the string of code needed to accomplish
this and tell me where to put it within the program I'd be very
grateful.

I do hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Take good care.

Robin

Hamit Campos

Sure but what about your speakers do you want to test? you can find music that has had the bass boosted even for really pushing your sub woofer. You can find sine waves to hear different frequencies. So just go on youtube and have a looksies. Just remember it's freeking YouTube. So meh not real quality.

On 11/11/2021 7:53 PM, John Heath via groups.io wrote:
Hi!

Someone told me you can test your speakers on youtube. Does anyone know the link? For that mater other ways to check the speaker's performance? Thanks.

Robin Frost wrote:
Hi,

I hope this finds all happy and well.

A while back during a discussion of cd rippers, someone recommended
Exact Audio copy. Now that I'm trying it I am left with one burning
question that I hope some kind soul will help me figure out.

I am trying to get the program when ripping a cd to create the
structure observing the convention of creating artist folder, album
title folder into which to place the individual tracks.

Its default configuration is simply ripping the tracks into the
currently designated folder.

If anyone could provide the string of code needed to accomplish
this and tell me where to put it within the program I'd be very
grateful.

I do hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Take good care.

Robin

goshawk on horseback

there are quite a number of sound check cds on the market, for testing hi-fi or studio setups, so it could be worth while investing in one of them, as then you know what you are getting, rather than a youtube file which you have no idea what messing about has been done with it before you get it. (hope that makes sense)

Simon

Robin Frost wrote:
Hi,

I hope this finds all happy and well.

A while back during a discussion of cd rippers, someone recommended
Exact Audio copy. Now that I'm trying it I am left with one burning
question that I hope some kind soul will help me figure out.

I am trying to get the program when ripping a cd to create the
structure observing the convention of creating artist folder, album
title folder into which to place the individual tracks.

Its default configuration is simply ripping the tracks into the
currently designated folder.

If anyone could provide the string of code needed to accomplish
this and tell me where to put it within the program I'd be very
grateful.

I do hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Take good care.

Robin

John Heath

I just wanted to check balance,

Robin Frost wrote:
[...]

It's a good idea but don't have a cd player. Something makes my speakers go a little wonky, instead of hearing sound from my speakers it seems to come from the middle. Re-booting usually helps but I wanted to make sure the channelling was correct.

Robin Frost wrote:
[...]

Ah Simon, would you kindly share some titles if  you can please?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcampos@...>

Robin Frost wrote:
[...]

Ah does it sound squished? What PC are you using may I ask? Does it have a RealTek card? Cause yeah if that's the case look for the Wave Max audio if it's a Dell cause it does this when you reconnect the speakers and it pops up that window where esentually it wants you to tell it what you connected weather just plane external speakers or headphones or mic line in or even 1 of 3 stereo pares for 5.1 surround sound like with the Logiteck Z906.