Thanks in advance.

Hamit Campos

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

John Heath

Not certain what they are but they probably wave files judging by the size; one song, 95 megs. If it were on a compact disk I could rip it easy, but I don't know what to do with a wave file that's not on a compact disk.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:46 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] hi! and a ripping question

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

Hamit Campos

Ah so what do you mean ya wana rip them? They then should just play then. The reason 1 has to rip in the first place is cause the CDDA files are more I guess you could say contaners or indexes to the actual WAV files. Thus when you rip it to something either you bring it back to wave or you change it to something else.

-----Original Message----- From: Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:46 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

John Heath

I want to convert the wave files to mp3 to conserve space. Also I can't send individual songs to my friends in wave format, it's too large. They play just fine.

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:46 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

Smiling?

Just use an audio editor such as GoldWave or any other that you so see fit and convert/transcode these files into whatever format you selectively choose.

Not certain what they are but they probably wave files judging by the size;
one song, 95 megs. If it were on a compact disk I could rip it easy, but I
don't know what to do with a wave file that's not on a compact disk.

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both
for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

Hamit Campos

Ah okay so it's conversion you're after. So do you have Audacity or Sound Forge? That will do that easy enough. Or even Gold Wave.

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:46 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

Hamit Campos

On the old PC Audio list someone was handing out the audio converter from dvd video soft but that was a while ago and I don't know if this person's joined yet cause it was an older version he handed out and warned not to update. Cause 1 all their new software ain't as coustimizable and also now they want you to pay for stuff. Which goes against the free thing. Their youtube thing is still called free youtube to mp3 converter for instance. What a pack of lies. They want you to sub to something to use it.

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:46 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

I convert either with a program called Switch or with Goldwave.
Humberto

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:46 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both
for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

Clifford Blackwell

I believe there is a conversion function in CDEX. You'll have to look around in the menus to find it as I don't recall where it is. I would guess Mindows Media would have the similar capability. Otherwise, there are many free file converters available with a simple Google search.

Not certain what they are but they probably wave files judging by the size; one song, 95 megs. If it were on a compact disk I could rip it easy, but I don't know what to do with a wave file that's not on a compact disk.

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used both for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

---
http://www.avg.com

Tom Kaufman

Or Switch? That'll do it as well!

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:46 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

What do you mean by somethign on your comp? Do you mean you have a
folder with CDDA files and ya wana convert them? CDDA is what the files
on a regular old CD are by the way. It means Compact Disk Digital Audio.

On 11/29/2017 6:29 PM, John Heath via Groups.Io wrote:
I have both Windows Media Player and Cdex on my computer. I’ve used
both for ripping cds. But how do I rip something that is on my
computer?

Thanks in advance.

John Heath

Thanks to all who responded. Sorry I mint conversion.