Topics

Help needed for strange problem

Morey Worthington

Morning all..

What I am using is:

Windows 10 desktop computer with version 1809

Desktop  USB Samsong Go Microphone

Real Tech Desktop speakers (really do not like headphones)

Newest bill of Skype (8.238)

Real Tech Built in sound card, which has recently updated

Now my problem...

If I have Skype running and in a conversation, my desktop microphone is picking up all sounds coming from speakers, meaning all my keyboard sounds and sounds of whateever windows that are open. Meaning if I were typing this message to you and Skype were on, you would be hearing everything going on.

Hope this makes sence.

When in the last versions of windows, and probably Skype, and maybe even the Real Tech Drivers, I could have Skype on, and you could not hear anything but you and I speaking.

Any thoughts on how to turn this off?

In the Skype settings, The microphone setting, and those of Speakers are correct and working properly as I made a test call and all is well.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but had to get across my problem as best I could...I hope.

Any help appreciated

Thanks,

         Morey Worthington

JM Casey

Hi.

Isn't that why most people use headphones while talking? Otherwise, yes, the microphone will pick up sound from the speakers (and possibly cause annoying feedback).

Are you saying your mic sensitivity somehow seems higher than it was before?

[...]

Thanks for answering.

No the sensitivity of microphone has not changed.

As I hope I mentioned, before the latest Windows, and my screen reader, Jaws, updated, within the last 2 weeks, When using Skype, meaning having it on, and having another window open, if I was talking with you, there was a setting that if made, you could not hear what was going on in that second window. Again, meaning, If I were playing poker in another window you could not hear it.

 Right now, you hear everything coming from my screen reader and keystrokes. Not good. Not this way before.

HTH.

Morey

JM Casey

So, it's not coming from your speakers then -- it's skype actually transmitting the sound from your system.
Sounds like a skype setting has to be changed. I don't use skype currently and haven't for years, but Zoom has something similar -- it's a checkbox that says "broadcast ssystem audio" or something like that.

No the sensitivity of microphone has not changed.

As I hope I mentioned, before the latest Windows, and my screen reader, Jaws, updated, within the last 2 weeks, When using Skype, meaning having it on, and having another window open, if I was talking with you, there was a setting that if made, you could not hear what was going on in that second window. Again, meaning, If I were playing poker in another window you could not hear it.

Right now, you hear everything coming from my screen reader and keystrokes. Not good. Not this way before.

HTH.

Morey

Morey Worthington

Yes it did have that, meaning Skype, but gone now. We are getting closer though.

Thanks again,

Morey