Topics

H6 Batteries


Hamit Campos
 

Hi dain and friends. For you all that have the H recorders, how do you all do about the batteries? Here's what I mean. Yes with the H6 well at least with out of the box settings it's clamed you can get 13 hours of batteries. But in the case of NIMH batteries like the Lithium ones I assume it's not good to use them til flat than charge them. So how often do you all recharge? I really don't get why Zoom didn't put the charger thing in the H6 or the others I really don't. You have to take the batteries out and put them in a charger. Must be mad annoying with things like the F4 and F8N where you have 8 double A's. Now the F ones at least beep when going low.


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


frank cuta
 

I agree this is a major pain with this machine. I have gone to the Lithium
AA rechargeables that couple to a USB charging harness magnetically. This
reduces the frustration a bit. But just the removal process from the
machine itself is more difficult than it needs to be. I have considered
powering my H6 from my large USB power bank (the big one that you can start
a small car from), but I have not tried it yet.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:23 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Hi dain and friends. For you all that have the H recorders, how do you
all do about the batteries? Here's what I mean. Yes with the H6 well at
least with out of the box settings it's clamed you can get 13 hours of
batteries. But in the case of NIMH batteries like the Lithium ones I
assume it's not good to use them til flat than charge them. So how often
do you all recharge? I really don't get why Zoom didn't put the charger
thing in the H6 or the others I really don't. You have to take the
batteries out and put them in a charger. Must be mad annoying with
things like the F4 and F8N where you have 8 double A's. Now the F ones
at least beep when going low.


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus








-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4855 / Virus Database: 4793/15883 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.


Hamit Campos
 

Ah I forget the vultage of that USB port. The H6 I meen. But if it were to work keep me posted please. Also how many of you have had trouble with your condencers after using them with the H6? This is the second cable now for my AT-8022 stereo mic that crackles with phantum. You know that kinda fire like crackel when a mike cable is ripping or something? yeah that. Especially if I move it. Now don't wana jump to conclusions here, don't wana put blame where none may belong as the 8022 is the only phantum powered mic I have. So as well as somepoint sending the 8022 back with it's 5 pin mini into the mic and 2 regular XLRs into the H6 cable to AT I just wanted to ask here because it may be the mic. Also maybe me. Are you not supposed to hand hold a phantum powered mic? Are you not supposed to be moving it arround? Then finally I heard a tip once that after the recording setion when you shut the phantom off will in this case on the H6 it's best to wait a few minutes to unplug the mic. The question on this and I perhaps should try and find that vid but how much of a must is this I wander? The idea being that you should let the phantom drain out before disconnecting the mic. So what power pack do you have? Feel free to tell me more off list about it.

On 9/18/2020 8:08 PM, frank cuta wrote:
I agree this is a major pain with this machine. I have gone to the Lithium
AA rechargeables that couple to a USB charging harness magnetically. This
reduces the frustration a bit. But just the removal process from the
machine itself is more difficult than it needs to be. I have considered
powering my H6 from my large USB power bank (the big one that you can start
a small car from), but I have not tried it yet.

Frank



-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:23 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Hi dain and friends. For you all that have the H recorders, how do you
all do about the batteries? Here's what I mean. Yes with the H6 well at
least with out of the box settings it's clamed you can get 13 hours of
batteries. But in the case of NIMH batteries like the Lithium ones I
assume it's not good to use them til flat than charge them. So how often
do you all recharge? I really don't get why Zoom didn't put the charger
thing in the H6 or the others I really don't. You have to take the
batteries out and put them in a charger. Must be mad annoying with
things like the F4 and F8N where you have 8 double A's. Now the F ones
at least beep when going low.


frank cuta
 

Sounds like a connector problem not an H6 problem. However I have got a
couple of real cheap condensers in the drawer and I will do some torture
test experimenting and let you know.

Expensive condenser mics are designed to be used in demanding environments.
If they can't be plugged in and unplugged and handled normally without
doing damage then they are pretty useless in a recording studio.
Microphones (ribbons excluded) are not really fragile pieces of equipment.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 6:03 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Ah I forget the vultage of that USB port. The H6 I meen. But if it were
to work keep me posted please. Also how many of you have had trouble
with your condencers after using them with the H6? This is the second
cable now for my AT-8022 stereo mic that crackles with phantum. You know
that kinda fire like crackel when a mike cable is ripping or something?
yeah that. Especially if I move it. Now don't wana jump to conclusions
here, don't wana put blame where none may belong as the 8022 is the only
phantum powered mic I have. So as well as somepoint sending the 8022
back with it's 5 pin mini into the mic and 2 regular XLRs into the H6
cable to AT I just wanted to ask here because it may be the mic. Also
maybe me. Are you not supposed to hand hold a phantum powered mic? Are
you not supposed to be moving it arround? Then finally I heard a tip
once that after the recording setion when you shut the phantom off will
in this case on the H6 it's best to wait a few minutes to unplug the
mic. The question on this and I perhaps should try and find that vid but
how much of a must is this I wander? The idea being that you should let
the phantom drain out before disconnecting the mic. So what power pack
do you have? Feel free to tell me more off list about it.

On 9/18/2020 8:08 PM, frank cuta wrote:
I agree this is a major pain with this machine. I have gone to the
Lithium
AA rechargeables that couple to a USB charging harness magnetically. This
reduces the frustration a bit. But just the removal process from the
machine itself is more difficult than it needs to be. I have considered
powering my H6 from my large USB power bank (the big one that you can
start
a small car from), but I have not tried it yet.

Frank



-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:23 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Hi dain and friends. For you all that have the H recorders, how do you
all do about the batteries? Here's what I mean. Yes with the H6 well at
least with out of the box settings it's clamed you can get 13 hours of
batteries. But in the case of NIMH batteries like the Lithium ones I
assume it's not good to use them til flat than charge them. So how often
do you all recharge? I really don't get why Zoom didn't put the charger
thing in the H6 or the others I really don't. You have to take the
batteries out and put them in a charger. Must be mad annoying with
things like the F4 and F8N where you have 8 double A's. Now the F ones
at least beep when going low.







-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4855 / Virus Database: 4793/15883 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.


Hamit Campos
 

Ah thanks Frank. Let me know. Yeah the AT-8022 is a $400 mic to be completely honest. It's stated use is for home video so mounting on your DSLR and for interviews than finally yes they do mention home studio. But yes please let me know as this is my first and only condencer. So just wanted to be awair before jumping to conclusions.

On 9/18/2020 9:56 PM, frank cuta wrote:
Sounds like a connector problem not an H6 problem. However I have got a
couple of real cheap condensers in the drawer and I will do some torture
test experimenting and let you know.

Expensive condenser mics are designed to be used in demanding environments.
If they can't be plugged in and unplugged and handled normally without
doing damage then they are pretty useless in a recording studio.
Microphones (ribbons excluded) are not really fragile pieces of equipment.

Frank


-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 6:03 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Ah I forget the vultage of that USB port. The H6 I meen. But if it were
to work keep me posted please. Also how many of you have had trouble
with your condencers after using them with the H6? This is the second
cable now for my AT-8022 stereo mic that crackles with phantum. You know
that kinda fire like crackel when a mike cable is ripping or something?
yeah that. Especially if I move it. Now don't wana jump to conclusions
here, don't wana put blame where none may belong as the 8022 is the only
phantum powered mic I have. So as well as somepoint sending the 8022
back with it's 5 pin mini into the mic and 2 regular XLRs into the H6
cable to AT I just wanted to ask here because it may be the mic. Also
maybe me. Are you not supposed to hand hold a phantum powered mic? Are
you not supposed to be moving it arround? Then finally I heard a tip
once that after the recording setion when you shut the phantom off will
in this case on the H6 it's best to wait a few minutes to unplug the
mic. The question on this and I perhaps should try and find that vid but
how much of a must is this I wander? The idea being that you should let
the phantom drain out before disconnecting the mic. So what power pack
do you have? Feel free to tell me more off list about it.

On 9/18/2020 8:08 PM, frank cuta wrote:
I agree this is a major pain with this machine. I have gone to the
Lithium
AA rechargeables that couple to a USB charging harness magnetically. This
reduces the frustration a bit. But just the removal process from the
machine itself is more difficult than it needs to be. I have considered
powering my H6 from my large USB power bank (the big one that you can
start
a small car from), but I have not tried it yet.

Frank



-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:23 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Hi dain and friends. For you all that have the H recorders, how do you
all do about the batteries? Here's what I mean. Yes with the H6 well at
least with out of the box settings it's clamed you can get 13 hours of
batteries. But in the case of NIMH batteries like the Lithium ones I
assume it's not good to use them til flat than charge them. So how often
do you all recharge? I really don't get why Zoom didn't put the charger
thing in the H6 or the others I really don't. You have to take the
batteries out and put them in a charger. Must be mad annoying with
things like the F4 and F8N where you have 8 double A's. Now the F ones
at least beep when going low.






-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4855 / Virus Database: 4793/15883 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.




--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Hamit Campos
 

When you say connector, do you mean then it's a problem with the XLRs on the cable? Because that says some not verry good things about that cable. Like I said this is cable 2 now. The first being it's origenal. It was fine for almost a month than all of the suddin the crackel started. I bought this second cable. Same, fine for a bit, then during my trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica when I was recording the fire works on Christmas the crackle was back. Now I have at times forgotten to shut the battery switch off. I've asked AT about this and they clame that though yes you should shut the battery off when using phantom meh won't kill it if you forgot. What say you? I'm just asking cause they clame things and also there's more details on the UK page that aren't on the USA page. For instance the UK page says only use the battery when using an unbalanced sorce. That to me means only use it when using the mini XLR to 3.5 cable. Either way I'm sending the mic back but see why it's hard to tell?

On 9/18/2020 9:56 PM, frank cuta wrote:
Sounds like a connector problem not an H6 problem. However I have got a
couple of real cheap condensers in the drawer and I will do some torture
test experimenting and let you know.

Expensive condenser mics are designed to be used in demanding environments.
If they can't be plugged in and unplugged and handled normally without
doing damage then they are pretty useless in a recording studio.
Microphones (ribbons excluded) are not really fragile pieces of equipment.

Frank


-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 6:03 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Ah I forget the vultage of that USB port. The H6 I meen. But if it were
to work keep me posted please. Also how many of you have had trouble
with your condencers after using them with the H6? This is the second
cable now for my AT-8022 stereo mic that crackles with phantum. You know
that kinda fire like crackel when a mike cable is ripping or something?
yeah that. Especially if I move it. Now don't wana jump to conclusions
here, don't wana put blame where none may belong as the 8022 is the only
phantum powered mic I have. So as well as somepoint sending the 8022
back with it's 5 pin mini into the mic and 2 regular XLRs into the H6
cable to AT I just wanted to ask here because it may be the mic. Also
maybe me. Are you not supposed to hand hold a phantum powered mic? Are
you not supposed to be moving it arround? Then finally I heard a tip
once that after the recording setion when you shut the phantom off will
in this case on the H6 it's best to wait a few minutes to unplug the
mic. The question on this and I perhaps should try and find that vid but
how much of a must is this I wander? The idea being that you should let
the phantom drain out before disconnecting the mic. So what power pack
do you have? Feel free to tell me more off list about it.

On 9/18/2020 8:08 PM, frank cuta wrote:
I agree this is a major pain with this machine. I have gone to the
Lithium
AA rechargeables that couple to a USB charging harness magnetically. This
reduces the frustration a bit. But just the removal process from the
machine itself is more difficult than it needs to be. I have considered
powering my H6 from my large USB power bank (the big one that you can
start
a small car from), but I have not tried it yet.

Frank



-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:23 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Hi dain and friends. For you all that have the H recorders, how do you
all do about the batteries? Here's what I mean. Yes with the H6 well at
least with out of the box settings it's clamed you can get 13 hours of
batteries. But in the case of NIMH batteries like the Lithium ones I
assume it's not good to use them til flat than charge them. So how often
do you all recharge? I really don't get why Zoom didn't put the charger
thing in the H6 or the others I really don't. You have to take the
batteries out and put them in a charger. Must be mad annoying with
things like the F4 and F8N where you have 8 double A's. Now the F ones
at least beep when going low.






-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4855 / Virus Database: 4793/15883 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.




--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


frank cuta
 

It could be the XLR in the 8022. Yes, it will be interesting to see what
they say.
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 7:46 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


When you say connector, do you mean then it's a problem with the XLRs on
the cable? Because that says some not verry good things about that
cable. Like I said this is cable 2 now. The first being it's origenal.
It was fine for almost a month than all of the suddin the crackel
started. I bought this second cable. Same, fine for a bit, then during
my trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica when I was recording the fire works
on Christmas the crackle was back. Now I have at times forgotten to shut
the battery switch off. I've asked AT about this and they clame that
though yes you should shut the battery off when using phantom meh won't
kill it if you forgot. What say you? I'm just asking cause they clame
things and also there's more details on the UK page that aren't on the
USA page. For instance the UK page says only use the battery when using
an unbalanced sorce. That to me means only use it when using the mini
XLR to 3.5 cable. Either way I'm sending the mic back but see why it's
hard to tell?

On 9/18/2020 9:56 PM, frank cuta wrote:
Sounds like a connector problem not an H6 problem. However I have got a
couple of real cheap condensers in the drawer and I will do some torture
test experimenting and let you know.

Expensive condenser mics are designed to be used in demanding
environments.
If they can't be plugged in and unplugged and handled normally without
doing damage then they are pretty useless in a recording studio.
Microphones (ribbons excluded) are not really fragile pieces of
equipment.

Frank


-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 6:03 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Ah I forget the vultage of that USB port. The H6 I meen. But if it were
to work keep me posted please. Also how many of you have had trouble
with your condencers after using them with the H6? This is the second
cable now for my AT-8022 stereo mic that crackles with phantum. You know
that kinda fire like crackel when a mike cable is ripping or something?
yeah that. Especially if I move it. Now don't wana jump to conclusions
here, don't wana put blame where none may belong as the 8022 is the only
phantum powered mic I have. So as well as somepoint sending the 8022
back with it's 5 pin mini into the mic and 2 regular XLRs into the H6
cable to AT I just wanted to ask here because it may be the mic. Also
maybe me. Are you not supposed to hand hold a phantum powered mic? Are
you not supposed to be moving it arround? Then finally I heard a tip
once that after the recording setion when you shut the phantom off will
in this case on the H6 it's best to wait a few minutes to unplug the
mic. The question on this and I perhaps should try and find that vid but
how much of a must is this I wander? The idea being that you should let
the phantom drain out before disconnecting the mic. So what power pack
do you have? Feel free to tell me more off list about it.

On 9/18/2020 8:08 PM, frank cuta wrote:
I agree this is a major pain with this machine. I have gone to the
Lithium
AA rechargeables that couple to a USB charging harness magnetically.
This
reduces the frustration a bit. But just the removal process from the
machine itself is more difficult than it needs to be. I have considered
powering my H6 from my large USB power bank (the big one that you can
start
a small car from), but I have not tried it yet.

Frank



-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:23 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] H6 Batteries


Hi dain and friends. For you all that have the H recorders, how do you
all do about the batteries? Here's what I mean. Yes with the H6 well at
least with out of the box settings it's clamed you can get 13 hours of
batteries. But in the case of NIMH batteries like the Lithium ones I
assume it's not good to use them til flat than charge them. So how often
do you all recharge? I really don't get why Zoom didn't put the charger
thing in the H6 or the others I really don't. You have to take the
batteries out and put them in a charger. Must be mad annoying with
things like the F4 and F8N where you have 8 double A's. Now the F ones
at least beep when going low.






-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4855 / Virus Database: 4793/15883 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.





--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus








-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4855 / Virus Database: 4793/15883 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.