Topics

forwarded for a friend seeking speaker advice

Mary Otten

He thought he was subscribed, but he's not seeing messages, so I'll forward anything I get.

Hi. I’m about to get a new, fast Windows-10 computer and am looking for a  good sound system for the computer. I plan to listen to music; probably not movies. Not sure if I need a surround-sound system. I’m interested in really good quality but not willing to spend thousands.
Anybody got any thoughts?
Thanks!
John

Hamit Campos

Don't know how much your friend is willing to spend. No they don't need to spend thousands. I just say this because I usually go hi end. But for films and stuff I'd suggest the Bose Companion 5 Multi Media speakers. Yes it's not true 5.1 like the Logiteck speakers are. But these are USB so you can use them with anything. The Z506 from logytek is true 5.1 in that you have all 5 speakers and the sub woffer. But you need a fancy card for it.