Topics

for a sighted user

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Hi folks,

I would like to set up a system that my wife could use---with no computer knowledge.  I have computers with assorted operating systems and external drives /music folders, and input (audio) to her TV and stereo system.  Is there a software package that she could use  to make our music play into her tv and sound system?

Thank you much.

Howard

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Take a look at Plex Media Server.
It will organise all the media on a computer and you can access this through your TV and sound system, Smart Phone etc so its all in the one package.
If you wish to go further then you can with a Plex Pass which allows further integration of media into your system along with the recording and organising of TV, the integration of online TV, Podcasts, Music etc.
I’ve been using Plex here since the beginning of the year and there’s no turning back now whether you be a novice user or a power tech user.