From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: Thursday, 27 June 2019 6:08 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Backpack Studio Tutorial Page

Hi:

Thank you for sending this! I’m totally blind since birth, I use iOS with VoiceOver and I just bought this app. I’ve been looking for a tutorial. Now if I could only find tutorials for Hokusai and Ferrite Recording Studio.

Thanks again,

Victor

On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Victor

Hello:

Ferrite recording studio is a great app! I think it’s comparable to most of your Windows based desktop audio editing apps. I don’t think you would be lacking anything by using this app instead of apps developed for desktop and laptop computers.

I am very grateful that this app developer has chosen to make the app accessible and improve its accessibility on a regular basis. Plus, according to what I have read in the App Store, the developer is willing to answer questions.

Victor

On Jun 29, 2019, at 12:59 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Thanks for bringing this App to the attention of the list.
The App is designed to function differently than BackPack Studio but is most useful if you're involved in audio production just the same.
I'm a firm believer in - wherever possible - supporting developers who go out of their way to make their products accessible and user-friendly, the developer of Ferrite Studio Recorder has certainly made the App very accessible it would appear from the short exploration I had of the App over the last half hour.
The user guide is easy to follow and can be either read through the App or downloaded as a separate file for reading on other devices etc.

Thank you for sending this! I’m totally blind since birth, I use iOS with VoiceOver and I just bought this app. I’ve been looking for a tutorial. Now if I could only find tutorials for Hokusai and Ferrite Recording Studio.

Thanks again,

Victor

On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Yes ferrite Recording Studio and Hokusaki are great Apps to work with under IOS.
Both have a few limitations such as file format conversions but its not a huge hurdle to overcome as other Apps can be used to convert file formats and so on.
I like the fact that - with the Hokusai App - one can perform audio scrubbing at different speeds whilst moving the playhead, what a great feature.

On 30 Jun 2019, at 9:17 am, Victor <victorelawrence@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, there are other apps that can be used to convert audio files into various file formats. I’m not sure what all of those apps are, but I know they exist. Even garage band is pretty cool! I just wish there were more tutorials for Ferrite recording studio and Hokusai. The user guides are good, but more tutorials would be helpful. Maybe someone will develop tutorials in the near future.

Victor

On Jun 29, 2019, at 6:07 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

[...]

Twisted Wave and TW Recorder are some of my other favourite audio Apps for IOS.
TW Recorder is free but for a small extra fee you can buy a complete conversion package so if one say recorded using Ferrite Studio etc then they could use the extra add-in on tW Recorder to convert say to FLAC, OGG etc.
With the new generations of IOS devices conversion is incredibly fast.

On 30 Jun 2019, at 11:12 am, Victor <victorelawrence@...> wrote:

[...]

I hope twisted way of audio editor is accessible with voiceover. It probably is, and I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the info about it.

Victor

On Jun 29, 2019, at 6:33 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

[...]

Jamie Kelly

I don't think Ferrite has a normalise feature or does it?

Thank you for sending this! I’m totally blind since birth, I use iOS with VoiceOver and I just bought this app. I’ve been looking for a tutorial. Now if I could only find tutorials for Hokusai and Ferrite Recording Studio.

Thanks again,

Victor

On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Twisted Wave and TW Recorder are certainly accessible, I've written before on list about both Apps.

I don't think Ferrite has a normalise feature or does it?

Thank you for sending this! I’m totally blind since birth, I use iOS with VoiceOver and I just bought this app. I’ve been looking for a tutorial. Now if I could only find tutorials for Hokusai and Ferrite Recording Studio.

Thanks again,

Victor

On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Victor

I’m glad twisted wave is accessible. I’m new to the list, so I haven’t read previous posts about these iOS apps.

Victor

On Jun 29, 2019, at 8:16 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

I believe it does.

I don't think Ferrite has a normalise feature or does it?

Thank you for sending this! I’m totally blind since birth, I use iOS with VoiceOver and I just bought this app. I’ve been looking for a tutorial. Now if I could only find tutorials for Hokusai and Ferrite Recording Studio.

Thanks again,

Victor

On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Gerardo Corripio

The one I’ve been using several monts and loving it, is Grabadora de voz HD - audio de Linfei Ltd.
https://apps.apple.com/mx/app/grabadora-de-voz-hd-audio/id492995106 however I kind of not like very much that yu need to get the markers depending on the length of the file editing, in order to start selecting chunks An app like GoldWave on the computer, where when listening to a file, be able to place the markers and edit rom these, would b great on iOs! For starters, voice recorder is awesome! I like it tons better than audioMemos!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 29 jun 2019, a la(s) 10:27 p. m., Victor <victorelawrence@...> escribió:

[...]

The original eMail was written 4 days ago and since then I’ve had more time to play with Ferrite Recording Studio and so on.
Regarding normalisation? Ferrite shouldn’t require this function as it already has an AGC which can be toggled in the settings.
In any case most people have a reference with their system that they can set levels by so you will know pretty much straight away if the level is too high, lower levels can be tolerated of course as there is no chance of clipping.
Secondly ferrite Recording Studio is ana absolute joy to use particularly if you’re using an iPad with a keyboard connected, not only do you have the excellent touch gestures and shortcuts at your fingertips but you also have quite a good list of keyboard shortcuts to do the job with.

wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have been
discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than
enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Merv Keck

I did go ahead and get both Ferrite and Hokusai for around $39.98 combined $US. It will take me a while to learn them with my iPad Pro. I am looking forward to the experience. I used Adobe Audition years ago when I had vision. I was encouraged by the noise reduction that is described on several reviews I read for Ferrite Studio Pro. That was one of the major strengths of Adobe Audition.
Merv

wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have
been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than
enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Victor

Please let us know how you’re doing with these apps. I would love to track your progress and know what you are doing and producing with them. Tell us what exercises and other kinds of things you are doing to teach yourself how to use them. I think Manny would like to know as we are all trying to teach ourselves how to do much of this.

Good luck,

Victor

wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have
been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than
enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

I may as well mention here an exercise I did when I first started exploring Hosukai.
I wanted some idea of how flexible the multi track environment was so I laid down my first track which was nothing special, just a recording from the iPad microphone.
I was able to use commands on the screen with Voiceover to select and scrub through the audio I had recorded.
I then started a new track and many another recording from the iPad microphone which I then copied and pasted as a new track to the first track I had recorded.
Finally I imported a song - as a track - from my Music library and pasted this into the recording which now had 3 tracks.
You can of course convert each track from mono to stereo and keep adding or manipulating tracks as required.
At the end of your project - when you are satisfied with how it sounds - you can “Down Mix” the project and save or share it.

wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have
been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than
enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Curtis Delzer

I wonder how the NR compares to the later versions of sound forge which is quite good now, b4 it had all kinds of strange artifacts. :)

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have
been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more than
enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Now there's an interesting idea, Sound Forge For IOS or Android? I wonder.
Seriously though I have Sound Forge Audio Studio and Professional 12 for Windows and Pro for the Mac.
It wasn't all that long ago that - with previous versions of Sound Forge Pro and Audio Studio for Windows - the difference between the Widnows and Mac versions was night and day when it came to performance and stability, the Mac version smoked the Windows version.
Now however Sound Forge for Windows and Mac is just so responsive and fast on whatever platform is your choosing.
I've not upgraded to 13 yet.
My only annoyance with the Windows version of Sound Forge is that rottin serial number entry screen that comes up when registering the software.

wrote:

Hi,
Thought people may wish to examine the following page as we have
been discussing the Backpack Studio App on list.
The tutorial presented here is very basic but certainly more
than enough information is presented here for the beginner.
https://backpackstudioapp.com/tutorial.html

Hamit Campos

Yeah I got my neice to help me with that their screen. Say on the subject of SoundForge. Is there any other DAW that can expand the stereo of a file like SF Pro can? Because as SF Pro and the new Audio Studio that supposedly can do 5.1 boath hate the H6 I think it's time to saddly say uncle and find something else. Odd SF hates the H6 as SF is supposedly able to do multi channal thus should see the H6 as a 5.1 in device. Which indeed it does but when you choose it it crashes. Magics is a nightmare to contact. Because I'd like to report this to them.