Topics

Erasing files on an Olympus DM70

Mike Busboom

Hi everyone,

I am having a rather odd problem with my Olympus DM70 recorder. Although I can erase files I have recorded when not connected to my MacBook Pro I am unable to use the Cut function when my unit is connected to the computer. Even though I can select files in Finder and copy them to other drives, I cannot delete them. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks so much and have a good weekend!

Mike

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Why do you need your recorder connected to your computer when trying to use the cut function.
There’s no need for the recorder to be connected to a computer when using the recorders internal functions.

On 27 Jul 2019, at 2:33 am, Mike Busboom <mbusboom@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am having a rather odd problem with my Olympus DM70 recorder. Although I can erase files I have recorded when not connected to my MacBook Pro I am unable to use the Cut function when my unit is connected to the computer. Even though I can select files in Finder and copy them to other drives, I cannot delete them. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks so much and have a good weekend!

Mike

Mike Busboom

Because I was primarily uploading files to my computer and saw a couple of errant ones I wanted to delete on the fly. Besides, I find it odd that either the MacBook Pro or the DM70 itself is not letting me delete those files.