Topics

Documentary: Apollo 11 - A Step That Changed The World

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Hi everyone,

I'm watching this documentary right now as recorded by my Silicondust TV
Tuner and Plex Media Server software so though I'd share it with you all and
hope it brings back memories for some and perhaps is a field of discovery
for others like me who just aren't old enough to remember the amazing events
of that time.

This video was recorded and uploaded as is from live Free To Air Australian
Television and is fairly large in size.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9mddk5lv3sdze6/Apollo%2011%20-%20A%20Step%20That%
20Changed%20The%20World%20-%202019-07-13%2019%2000%2000%20-%20Episode%2007-1
3.ts?dl=0

Colin Howard

Greetings,

I am old enough to have watched the landing at halfpast three in the morning
of 21 July 1969, on a small black-and-white 405-line tv set.

If it be the Lord's will to allow me to remain living on the Earth, I reach
70 years of age on 27 July.

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 04:53:17 +1000, "Dane Trethowan"
<grtdane@...> wrote:

-To: <all-audio@groups.io>
-Subject: [all-audio] Documentary: Apollo 11 - A Step That Changed The World
-From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtdane@...>
-Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 04:53:17 +1000
-
-Hi everyone,
-
[...]

---
https://www.avg.com

John Covici

What can I do with .ts file? I don't seem to have a program to play
them.

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 14:53:17 -0400,
Dane Trethowan wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm watching this documentary right now as recorded by my Silicondust TV
Tuner and Plex Media Server software so though I'd share it with you all and
hope it brings back memories for some and perhaps is a field of discovery
for others like me who just aren't old enough to remember the amazing events
of that time.

This video was recorded and uploaded as is from live Free To Air Australian
Television and is fairly large in size.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9mddk5lv3sdze6/Apollo%2011%20-%20A%20Step%20That%
20Changed%20The%20World%20-%202019-07-13%2019%2000%2000%20-%20Episode%2007-1
3.ts?dl=0

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

VLC or Windows Film TV App should deal with these files along with Windows Media Player, a TS file is a standard Transport Video Stream.

Dane Trethowan wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm watching this documentary right now as recorded by my Silicondust TV
Tuner and Plex Media Server software so though I'd share it with you all and
hope it brings back memories for some and perhaps is a field of discovery
for others like me who just aren't old enough to remember the amazing events
of that time.

This video was recorded and uploaded as is from live Free To Air Australian
Television and is fairly large in size.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9mddk5lv3sdze6/Apollo%2011%20-%20A%20Step%20That%
20Changed%20The%20World%20-%202019-07-13%2019%2000%2000%20-%20Episode%2007-1
3.ts?dl=0

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Matthew Chao

I was 15, and on vacation in Italy with my mom and younger brother. we were sitting in a small restaurant at about 8:30 at night, listening to the moon landing on my Sears shortwave radio. Everybody there was silent as the landing progressed, and cheered once it was successful. Pretty amazing for a kid away from home.--Matthew Chao

On 7/14/2019 1:35 AM, Colin Howard wrote:
Greetings,
I am old enough to have watched the landing at halfpast three in the morning
of 21 July 1969, on a small black-and-white 405-line tv set.
If it be the Lord's will to allow me to remain living on the Earth, I reach
70 years of age on 27 July.
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 04:53:17 +1000, "Dane Trethowan"
<grtdane@...> wrote:
-To: <all-audio@groups.io>
-From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtdane@...>
-Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 04:53:17 +1000
-
-Hi everyone,
-
[...]

Hamit Campos

Dain how big is this file? Should I even try? Remember the trouble i had when you tried to share the Blind Cool Tech folders with me. Which We'll have to think of something else with that my friend.

On 7/13/2019 2:53 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm watching this documentary right now as recorded by my Silicondust TV
Tuner and Plex Media Server software so though I'd share it with you all and
hope it brings back memories for some and perhaps is a field of discovery
for others like me who just aren't old enough to remember the amazing events
of that time.

This video was recorded and uploaded as is from live Free To Air Australian
Television and is fairly large in size.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9mddk5lv3sdze6/Apollo%2011%20-%20A%20Step%20That%
20Changed%20The%20World%20-%202019-07-13%2019%2000%2000%20-%20Episode%2007-1
3.ts?dl=0

Colin Howard

Greetings,

I can answer as I've downloaded the file it is 1.35GB, plays on my system of
W7 using WMP12.

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 12:14:53 -0400, "Hamit Campos" <hamitcampos@...>
wrote:

-Dain how big is this file? Should I even try? Remember the trouble i had
-when you tried to share the Blind Cool Tech folders with me. Which We'll
-have to think of something else with that my friend.

---
https://www.avg.com

Tom Kaufman

I did not see a download button; all I could find was a "play" button! What
did I miss here?

wrote:

-Dain how big is this file? Should I even try? Remember the trouble i had
-when you tried to share the Blind Cool Tech folders with me. Which We'll
-have to think of something else with that my friend.

---
https://www.avg.com

Pat Seed

Hi Tom,
You need to change the ending (0) to (1) that is 1 on the numbers roe. Then try again. That should work.
Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

wrote:

-Dain how big is this file? Should I even try? Remember the trouble i had
-when you tried to share the Blind Cool Tech folders with me. Which We'll
-have to think of something else with that my friend.

---
https://www.avg.com

Tom Kaufman

Well I guess it's now a moot point; the link he put up is gone now! I have
no idea of what you meant when you said "change the "0" to "1" I just
clicked the link that Dane provided; a thing popped up and I found the
'play" button, but saw no way to download it!

wrote:

-Dain how big is this file? Should I even try? Remember the trouble i had
-when you tried to share the Blind Cool Tech folders with me. Which We'll
-have to think of something else with that my friend.

---
https://www.avg.com

Tom,
no idea of what you meant when you said "change the "0" to "1" I just clicked the link that Dane provided; a thing popped up and I found the 'play" button, but saw no way to download it!
Instead of only clicking the link, you should've copied it to your clipboard. Then where it says ?dl=0 you should've changed it to ?dl=1.
But there's also a way to download it direct from the webpage. I can't give you the exact steps right now because as you said the link is gone. Dane would need to repost it :)

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Okay...what I had done was to click the link that Dane provided. What came up appeared to be the video; I then found a "play" button (I found no "download button) so if the link is reposted, if you'd care to give me the steps, would be appreciated!

no idea of what you meant when you said "change the "0" to "1" I just clicked the link that Dane provided; a thing popped up and I found the 'play" button, but saw no way to download it!
Instead of only clicking the link, you should've copied it to your
clipboard. Then where it says ?dl=0 you should've changed it to ?dl=1.
But there's also a way to download it direct from the webpage. I can't
give you the exact steps right now because as you said the link is gone.
Dane would need to repost it :)

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Sorry about that.
The link expired after 24 hours.

[...]

If you're looking for more good ddocumentary stuff on the moon then go to your favourite Podcast player and look for the BBC'S Podcast series 13 Minutes To The Moon.

[...]

Mike Busboom

Thanks, Dane, for the recommendation of the BBC podcast. It is excellent!
Mike

On 16.07.2019, at 06:33, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve Matzura

If you were able to download or at least listen to that, I'd sure like to know how. The link was broken up over three lines, with blank lines between. I tried joining them into one long link, but that didn't work either.

On 7/17/2019 7:02 AM, Mike Busboom wrote:

[...]

I guess it was, "One Small Step For Man, 1 Giant Leap For His Computer" <smile>.

[...]

All I did was type in the name of the podcast in the search field. I normally use Downcast as my podcast client, but recently, it hasn’t worked for searching for new podcasts.

In this particular case, I used the podcast client that comes with the iPhone and just streamed it.

Hope this helps.

Mike