From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andrea Sherry
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:19 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] Daisy Player Suggestions

Need to purchase a new player.

Would rather like it to be portable.

Would like wifi.

Would like facility for SD card.

Would not like Victor Reader Stream.

Any ideas please.

ANdrea

--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Andrea Sherry

Thanks for that information.

I'm just attempting to contact APH to determine whether they will supply to persons outside the US.

Andrea

On 13/03/2018 7:49 PM, Norma A. Boge wrote:
I am a loyal customer of APH's Book Port Plus. My first unit of this type was actually a Book port, if anyone remembers those. I've never had a VR Stream, the Book Port Plus does everything I need it to do, and I feel the recording capabilities are quite good.
http://shop.aph.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_Book+Port+Plus_1-07191-00P_10001_11051#content

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Laz

Hi andrea,

I know you had the original Talking Daisy Book and Media Player but
depending on whether you're going to use protected or unprotected
files you may find what you seek in the 2nd edition of the Talking
Book Reader. It has wifi, uses SD cards, has internet radio capability
as well as podcasts, one-button recording, longer battery life than
the original, etc. And you know we do ship internationally. You can
see it here:

http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Talking-Daisy-Book-Media-Player-Newest-Edition_p_111.html

Kind regards,

Laz

On 3/13/18, Andrea Sherry <sherryan@wideband.net.au> wrote:
Need to purchase a new player.

Would rather like it to be portable.

Would like wifi.

Would like facility for SD card.

Would not like Victor Reader Stream.

Any ideas please.

ANdrea

--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Pat Seed

Hi Norma and Everyone,
I have been fortunate enough to be given a Book Port Plus. Indeed, there is
So Much that can be done with it.
I have so many questions about it because I am just learning it. From what I
have experienced so far, I Really Like it.

The thing that I am wondering is, should we discuss it on the list or off
the list?

If there are others who are interested in the Book Port Plus, we can discuss
it on the list.
However, I do not want to create clutter on the list if people do not have a
need to know about the Book Port Plus.

What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Joe Paton

I for one would be interested.

Merely because my book port, standard, will not last much longer, and
will need replacing. The devices on offer, don't satisfy me in one key
point, I don't like any of the voices as much as the older bookport.

Thanks.

Joe
Joe Paton
telephone: 01702 543624
Mobile: 0 7 9 6 7 3 8 2 9 6 4
web site: http://www.apart.org

Aidan

Well, that will be a problem then because nun of the new players are
using the dubble talk system the old bookport uses.

On 13/03/2018, Joe Paton <joe@vi-ability.org.uk> wrote:
I for one would be interested.

Merely because my book port, standard, will not last much longer, and
will need replacing. The devices on offer, don't satisfy me in one key
point, I don't like any of the voices as much as the older bookport.

Thanks.

Joe
Joe Paton
telephone: 01702 543624
Mobile: 0 7 9 6 7 3 8 2 9 6 4
web site: http://www.apart.org

Hamit Campos

Besides the Dubble Talk thing was so dam hard to understand. the new voices are meh almost human sounding. Cause I doubt these synth voices will ever exactly replicate people.

On 3/14/2018 4:34 AM, Aidan wrote:
Well, that will be a problem then because nun of the new players are
using the dubble talk system the old bookport uses.

On 13/03/2018, Joe Paton <joe@vi-ability.org.uk> wrote:
I for one would be interested.

Merely because my book port, standard, will not last much longer, and
will need replacing. The devices on offer, don't satisfy me in one key
point, I don't like any of the voices as much as the older bookport.

Thanks.

Joe
Joe Paton
telephone: 01702 543624
Mobile: 0 7 9 6 7 3 8 2 9 6 4
web site: http://www.apart.org

Aidan

True, but honestly, I just so wish that zoom will use some of these in
their recorders, even if its dubble talk just for access, but I guess
I must dream on.

On 14/03/2018, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ah the problem with Zoom and these other guys like Taskalm and Sound-Devices is how many blind people use the things? I kbnow not many maybe cause of them not even chiming or beeping or anything. But saddly I guess people have to use'em first before they care. Also organizations like the NFB don't get on their case as far as I know anyways. But I don't get why they haven't gotten inspiration from Olympus. I mean Olympus has that british lady speak the prompts. These other guys could even do something like that. Who knows if Duble talk is even a thing no more. Is it?

On 3/14/2018 9:26 AM, Aidan wrote:
[...]

Well, yes olympus could've also asked how muc of us is using it but
they stil did it, so no excuse there. And as you said, if they use a
human to speak it, then they bypass the need to pay monthly for
maintaining the synthesizer of choice in there models.
Yes, dubbletalk is stil available, but I don't no if it can work in
win10 easily, so what people now do is to buy the tripple talk USB, as
that contain the chipset for dubbletalk but in a more modern enclosure
without the need to use external power and comes with drivers for
windows8/10.

[...]

Yep. That's true. Though a lot of Blind people did use Olympus. But yes I do remember Michael Lang was taken a back by them making the DS 30 40 and 50 which were the first 3 to talk. I think though Olympus may have had accessibility on the mind all along since well ever since I've heard of their digital recorders anyways they beeped at least. I don't know how long that went on. Wow so Duble talk is a thing still. Amazing. Well though it is kinda meh it would be good to at least have that on a Zoom or a Tasklam or something. I'm surprised too no one has worked out a hack like they had with the rock box thing for the IPods. Remember that?

On 3/14/2018 10:05 AM, Aidan wrote:
[...]

Yes I stil have a rockbox and they have good advantages though. Lets
hope olympus continue well furder on as they very quiet these days.